Forest gifts: Inosuke × reader part 5

You talked with Inosuke's friends for the rest of the night and tried to use his real name, which was hard to do since you always called him Forest. Inosuke never felt so heartbroken or jealous over something that didn't matter before. But he was. He was jealous of your parents for being able to stay here with you, jealous of his friends for making you laugh like he made you laugh, and worst of jealous of your normal life that he didn't know he wanted until you came along.

"Would you like to spend the night here, you three?" Your mother asked as Tanjiros's sister Nezuko came out of her box.

Tanjiro explained to your family that she was allergic to the sun, so she had to be in the box. Also, her bamboo muzzle was for her to get out of unwanted attention. You could relate to it, and neither of your parents questioned it, and neither did your brother or you, but you had a weird feeling Inosuke was lying to you.

"Do you want to sleep next to me?" You asked Inosuke as he looked at you oddly.

"Do you want to even though I have my memory back?" He asked.

"That doesn't matter to me. You will still be my friend," you said as he saw the other three making themselves at home.

"Sure," he said as he made his bed next to you.

You two were sharing the same bed since he put his almost on top of yours. You two lay down next to each other, and Zenitsu looked at you shocked seeing him wanting to cuddle up with you.

"Good night, Forest. I mean Inosuke, sorry I'm still getting used to your real name. Are you excited to go home?" You asked, realizing you forgot to ask him.

"I guess, but I like being here with you," he said softly.

"Well, you can visit any time you want. We will be around here for a couple of months before we go back to the other town," you smiled.

"Okay," he said as you turned around and started to head to sleep.

You didn't get it. He knew you didn't, but he didn't even know if you wanted a guy like him around. Once you were asleep, he put his arm around you, knowing it was going to be the last time he was ever going to be able to do it. He didn't want it to be, but it was going to be.

In the morning, you got up and started packing things up for all of them to go on a journey. Extra food, water the clothes you made for Inosuke. Inosuke woke up first and saw you working away like you always did, but before he could say anything, his two friends were awake.

"Good morning, guys! Ready to go?" You asked Tanjiro nodded.

"Thank you for saving our friend. we owe you so much!" Tanjiro said as you smiled.

"You owe me nothing. I am always happy to help, oh before I forget. Here Inosuke," you said as you put his boar head on.

"Be careful from now on, I don't want to find you like I did the first time again," you said as you hugged him close.

He hugged you back and was trying hard not to cry. He didn't want to leave you. He wanted to stay with you forever and tell you he loved you.

"Bye, stay away from that creep," he said as you laughed.

"He hasn't bothered since you punched him in the face. Plus, now I can punch him back," you said s you made a fist, but he fixed your hand, making you laugh again.

"Okay, so I might break my hand doing it, but I know how to do it," you said as he nodded.

"Sure you do," he said as he paused weakly.

You gave him a bag of everything he was going to need, food, clothes, some medicine just in case he got hurt again.

"Thank you for everything," he said as you nodded, then hugged him one last time.