thirty-eight

We reached the others, who had started a small fire for some heat. Frypan had found some water bottles in a grocery store, which he handed out for all of us. I sat down in between Newt's legs and covered myself with a blanket which Thomas had found. We all started talking and laughing, making jokes about the glade and W.I.C.K.E.D.

"Hey love" Newt whispered into my ear. I looked at him, smiling. "I'm just ganna stand up. But I'll be back" he said, a smile on his lips.

"Sure" I whispered, moving a bit forward. He stood up and walked over to Minho.

Aris moved over and sat down next to me, handing me a cup of alcohol.

"You feeling okay?" he asked, seeing me look at the jar.

I smiled at him. "Yeah, I am"

He looked at Newt, who had started a conversation with Minho. "You really love him, don't you?" he asked me.

I looked at Newt, and my cheeks lightly turned pink. "From the earth to the sun" I whispered, making Aris laugh. "What is this?" I asked, looking at the cup in my hand.

"Whiskey, I think? It's very strong" he said with a light laugh. I took a sip of it, swallowing it immediately after. I pulled my face, tasting the disgustingness. Aris laughed as I handed him the glass back. "Not strong on alcohol, are you?" he asked with a smile.

He put it down next to him before looking at me again.

"Nope" I said, still tasting the strong whiskey on my tongue. "And that's stronger than Gally's home made ones" I laughed. Aris smiled, taking a sip of the whiskey in his cup. "Thank you" I whispered, looking at him.

"For what?" he asked confused.

"For being my best friend" I whispered, looking at him with a smile.

"I'll always be here for you" he whispered, placing his hand on mine. I smiled, moving my head to lay on his shoulder. I looked in front of me at Newt, who gave a glance at me and smiled.

Aris stood up and walked to Frypan, giving Sonya and entrance to sit down next to me.

"Hey, you" she whispered, giving a light nudge.

"You ganna tell him?" I asked while slowly looking at her.

She sighed, looking at Newt. "I don't even know Y/n. I could be wrong" she said, looking back at me.

"Well" I started off. "If I found my brother, I would tell him" I said, looking at her. "Otherwise it could be too late"

She looked at me. "Too late? Really?" she asked jokingly, making me laugh. "I don't know about now. I mean, I want to wait, till we're safe at least. You know, in the mountains. I don't want to storm him with news in the middle of completely nowhere"

I smiled, looking forward at the fire. Softly I started humming a tune again, making Sonya smile instantly.