seventeen

I sat down in front of the maze on a broken log, staring into the forbidden path, filled with walls. I rested my elbows on my legs, staring uninterruptedly at the empty halls.

Newt and Teresa popped up next to me, along with a few others. They all stared into the maze, seeing the sun go down.

"Where the fuck are they?" I said in a soft-yelling voice.

Newt looked down at me, rubbing his face. "Y/n, they'll return. They always do!" His words flew through my head, uninteresting for me to proses.

"They should've been back hours ago!" I yelled jumping up. "They're never this late!" My voice was aggressive and loud, making a few boys scared. "Don't tell me they're okay! What if they're not?" Worry felt less aggressive in my voice than anger.

"Y/n!" Teresa yelled, stepping forward. "Calm down!" she said, grabbing my wrist.

I turned around to see her, when my eyes clenched to two shadows behind her, struggling towards us in the maze.

With their sight, the walls suddenly started to close. Everyone swung around, seeing the walls approach each other.

"Run!" I yelled at Thomas and Minho as they struggled to speed up.

I noticed Minho was carrying Thomas over his shoulder, but he himself was tired and exhausted.

"Run Minho!" I yelled louder, as the walls were moving fast.

I suddenly felt Newts hand grab a hold of mine, squeezing it tightly. I looked at him, seeing him look at me with eyes I wish I didn't recognize. And with that, Newt ran forward, letting go of my hand and squeezing into the walls, just making it through before the shut.

"Newt!" I yelled, hitting on the wall. "No!"
I suddenly felt Teresa place her hand on my shoulder. I looked up at her as my eyes started watering up.

"That fucking blonde!" I said, my voice hovering. "That fucking idiot!" I cried out, suddenly collapsing into tears, and falling to the ground.

Teresa fell down next to me, throwing her arms around me and holding me to her chest. She said no words, instead she just rubbed my back, calming me down.

"He just fucking killed himself," Gally yelled, followed by an unexpected chuckle. "He's fucking stupid," he spat, looking at the maze doors. I looked up at him, anger in my eyes. "What a fucking idiot," Gally mumbled, looking away from the door and at the others.

With Fury in my eyes I jumped up and threw an unexpected punch, hitting Gally on the jaw and causing him to go falling to the dusty ground. Teresa jumped up right after me, pulling me away from Gally before I could do anything else.

"You get no fucking right to say that Gally!" I yelled as Teresa pulled me away from the doors.

She gave a light glance back at Gally, seeing Winston and George pull him up, revealing a bloody nose.

Teresa pulled me into a hut and shut the door. "Oh my god Y/n!" she laughed, dropping to a chair.

I looked at her with a laugh, before remembering Newt's smart ass move. I dropped to the floor again, looking down.

"That fucking bastard," I mumbled, feeling so much hate for Newt, that I just wanted to scream.

"Y/n, he thought he could help..." Teresa reassured, looking down at me.

I glared up at her. "By running into the endless maze when the sun had just set and while the doors were closing?" I asked rhetorically, looking at her. "Tee, he fucking left me," I mumbled, looking down before I could tear up again.

Teresa sighed, looking at the door hut, seeing Chuck stand there. She shot up, making me look at her, then the door.

"Chuck, is everything okay?" Teresa asked, seeing worry in Chuck's eyes.