twenty-four

Merely seconds later my door flew open, and Janson stood there with a nurse. They immediately entered and walked to me, standing on my bedside.

"It's nice to see you again Y/n," Janson smiled, making me giggle.

"Well, I don't plan on going anywhere..." I joked. "But again?"

The nurse took the empty drip off and quickly replaced it with a full one. I immediately recognized her as the woman from yesterday. She helped me before I passed out.

I looked from the drip to her, to Janson. He smiled at her as she left in a hurry, as if she had somewhere to be. I looked back Janson, who stayed next to my bed. He pulled a chair closer, sitting down.

"How are you feeling Y/n?" he asked caring.

I sighed, looking at the drip. "Nauseous..." I laughed.

He smiled, looking at me. "Don't worry, you'll feel better in only a few days," he said, making me feel a bit better instantly. "Now, Y/n. Do you think, maybe you can answer a few questions for me?" he asked, only earning a nod from me. "What is the last thing you remember before waking up here?"

I thought for a second, puzzling everything together. "Well, we had just gotten out of the maze that W.I.C.K.E.D. had built. Then we saw Paige on a screen, showing how people infiltrated the place. Then Gally came in and begged us not to leave. He shot at Thomas, but the bullet hit Chuck. Minho threw Gally with a spear and killed him," I stopped for a minute, thinking further.

"Then as everyone looked at Chuck, who had bled out, I felt the pain, and saw the blood. I fell to the ground, immediately getting Newt's attention, soon everyone's. The rest was basically a blur. I could see them bent over me and merely seconds later they all ran off and disappeared. Suddenly nurses and doctors covered above me and pulled me into a chopper. I remember that woman helping me as I blead out. But the rest is a complete blur."

Janson sat there with tortured eyes. I saw sorrow in them. He took a deep breath before clearing his throat. "I'm so sorry for what happened to you," he said, sitting back straight.

I just nodded my head, before realizing I was fiddling with my fingers. I immediately stopped, looking back at him. Suddenly a rush of tiredness rushed over me, numbing my mind.

"Do you mind if I get some rest? I am a bit exhausted..." I asked calmly, not wanting to chase him away.

He smiled, looking at me before jumping up. "Of course darling," he said unbothered. "Please, get some rest," he said walking to the door. He vanished out the door, closing it behind him.

I laid back, making my head hit the pillow. I turned to my side, switching off the light. The room filled with darkness and quietness as I closed my eyes and cleared my mind.