Ch 9 : Realisation

As the Indian cricket team returned to Bengaluru after their tour of Australia, a sense of anticipation filled the air. The players, weary, were eager to reunite with their loved ones and seek rest in the familiar embrace of home.

For Harleen Deol, however, the prospect of returning home held little comfort. With her family away in Punjab, the thought of facing an empty house filled her with a sense of loneliness that she couldn't shake.

Meanwhile, Smriti's parents had planned a special puja to bless their daughter and ensure her continued success on the cricket field. With the house buzzing with excitement and preparations for the ceremony, Smriti found herself faced with a dilemma.

Knowing Harleen's predicament, Smriti extended a heartfelt invitation for her friend to join her at her family home for a few days. It was a gesture born from a desire to offer Harleen the warmth and companionship she needed during a time of solitude.

Harleen hesitated at first, unsure of intruding on Smriti's family affairs. But the genuine warmth and sincerity in Smriti's offer melted away her reservations, and she accepted with gratitude.

As they made their way to Smriti's home, the streets of Sangli were alive with the hustle and bustle of daily life. Yet, in the midst of the chaos, a sense of peace settled over Harleen, knowing that she would not be alone in the days to come.

Arriving at Smriti's doorstep, Harleen was welcomed with open arms by Smriti's family, their smiles radiant with warmth and hospitality.

[INT. SMRITI'S HOME - DAY]

Smriti and Harleen sit amidst the warmth of Smriti's family, surrounded by love and laughter. Smriti introduces Harleen to her parents, her brother, his wife, and their adorable nephew. The air is filled with the aroma of incense as the family prepares for a puja.

**SMRITI'S MAMI:** (chuckling) Smriti, beta, you're getting older now. When are you going to settle down?

**SMRITI:** (smiling, but with a hint of discomfort) Mami, I've told you before. Right now, I'm focusing on my cricket career.

*Smriti's mami nods, but the persistence in her tone is evident.*

**SMRITI'S MAMI:** (insistently) I understand, beta. But you can't put your personal life on hold forever. I have some excellent proposals for you, you know.

*As the conversation continues, Harleen feels a wave of agitation wash over her. She can't quite pinpoint the source of her discomfort, but the thought of Smriti getting married unsettles her deeply.*

**SMRITI'S MAMA:** (jovially) Smriti, beta, don't worry. We'll find you the perfect match.

*Harleen's mind races as she struggles to make sense of her emotions. Why does the idea of Smriti getting married bother her so much?*

*As the puja begins, Harleen's thoughts whirl in turmoil. The chanting of the priests blends with the murmur of conversation, but Harleen's mind is elsewhere, consumed by a tumultuous storm of conflicting emotions.*

*Feeling a gentle touch on her arm, Harleen looks up to find Smriti watching her with concern.*

**SMRITI:** (softly) Are you okay, Harleen?

*Harleen forces a smile, but the weight of her emotions threatens to overwhelm her.*

**HARLEEN:** (hesitantly) yeah! I am fine. Don't worry.

*Smriti's gaze softens, she somehow understands that her friend is not comfortable but drops the fact.*

Despite Harleen's attempt to dismiss her inner turmoil, a nagging sense of unease lingered in the air, like a whisper of truth that refused to be silenced. But for now, she would focus on the present moment for her own sanity.

As they emerged from the puja, Smriti cast a concerned glance at Harleen, her intuition telling her that something was amiss. But for the sake of her parents and the sanctity of the occasion, she chose to hold her peace, resolving to confront Harleen later, in the privacy of their own space.