Troll In The Dungeons

___________________________________
(Btw guys just as a reminder, even tho I didn't say it at first, English is not my first language, I am very good at it and live in the UK, but sometimes I still struggle with spelling so if something is wrong just ignore it)

__________________________________

Y/n pov

It's been maybe a month since Severus and I made up. I think the teachers have started to catch in that we are now on better terms.

Sure he's still a bit distant from me, but apparently he talks to me more than any other member of staff, which leaves me quite... concerned.

I took my normal seat next to him, ready to get the day started, I was absolutely starved. I ended up falling asleep in my study yesterday, the first years had such messy handwriting I couldn't even recognise what the were trying to say. Of course we had Miss Granger with exceptionally well work done....again. Aswell as I had Mr Longbottom, he didn't do too well, but I know he at least tried.

"Good sleep?" I asked the obviously grumpy man next to me. He returned my question with a glare, telling me to drop it. I hadn't even had any fun yet! He was really a grouch if you think about it. I was wondering where professor Quirel was, he normally sat near me, or sometimes next to me if h go here early. Dumbledore had the food layed out and we all started eating. Severus was in no hurry to eat...unlike me who was stuffing my face with toast, bacon and eggs. All he had on his plate was a piece of toast with some honey,or is it marmalade? My thoughts were cut of when someone barged through the big doors screaming "TROLL IN THE DUNGEONS!! TROOOLLL IN THE DUNGEONS!" It was Quirel, everyone froze in their seats before- "Thought I ought to let you know." He said in almost a whimper, before falling down face flat in the middle on the Great Hall 'unconscious'.

Children started screaming and running around in shock not knowing what to do. After a while of panic a blood curdling shout erupted "SILENCE!" Dumbledore said, and almost immediately everyone stopped and looked at him. In all this commotion I looked to my right to find Severus was no longer there 'ha, wuss' I thought, he must've run away when he heard there was a troll running around. I was still confused how the troll even got out, It was Quirel that decided to put the troll on the third floor anyway, to protect the stone.

Headmaster split us up into groups to go and search for the troll. The prefects of each house led them all back to their dorm rooms safely. I was in a group with Minerva, Quirel- *if I'm being honest I don't even know the guys name, I just call him Quirel,kinda weird to think we work basically side by side and I don't even know his name* and Severus, although the wuss still wasn't here, nor was professor Quirel. I assumed he went to the infirmary or something.

Minerva an I were searching the 5th corridor when we heard screaming and crashing. We immediately rushed towards the sound. It was coming from the girls bathroom. By the time we got there it had gone silent. Minerva and I feared the absolute worst. Instinctively I grabbed my wand that was stuffed in the side of my trousers, and help it out forward. As soon as we got in we were shocked to see Harry Potter, Ronald Weasley and Hermione Granger, 3 first years standing there....keep in mind with a fully grown mountain troll unconscious in the middle.

"What happened in here?!" I asked.
It didn't take long before Minnie started ranting to them. I didn't even realise that Severus had come next to me now and was listening on the conversation like he was here the whole time.i won't lie, the look on his face when miss Granger said it was her fault was kinda funny.

The children were later sent to their rooms, after getting points taken away and points gained from their houses. I was about to start walking to the dungeons when I saw Snape go in the other direction,he was.... limping? "Severus?" He stopped but never turn around to face me. "Are you ok?" No answer. I was there for a bit until he said "I'm fine." And then carried on his way, I was gonna question him more but, I knew better than to mess with a cranky man like him.