Square One

Y/n Pov

Severus luckily said yes to my offer and we decided to meet on Saturday, I want to be friends again but he's gone very cold, he was always like that but it's just.... he's gone so emotionless that you don't know what's happening in his mind.

I am a trained legilimens and I definitely did think about taking a peak into his mind every now and then, but I feel I would be invading his privacy so I decided not to.

I was just in my chamber reading when Onix, my pet niffler started grabbing my leg. He wanted food...again. Pretty typical of him if you ask me. I couldn't leave him alone back home so Dumbledore gave me the exception of bringing him. He is so cute and adorable I don't know what I'd do without him.

Saturday

Severus came round to my chamber and knocked on the door. I opened it for him and my niffler tried making a run for it, Onix hasn't gotten the time to explore the castle yet so he's been very fussy. Before he could run out Severus grabbed him by the kneck (at the top of course as to not harm him) and picked him up. He gave my little ball of cuteness a look of disgust before looking at me. "Charming...you brought your rodent with you." I was taken back by his nasty comment, but I smiled knowing the whole reason I got him.

I've had Onix for a long time, around 13-14 years now, I got him when he was just born. I remember Severus telling me how much he hates them and how he thinks they're rodents and all, and me being the dumb teenager I was went out and bought one for him, I'll never forget his reaction.

Flashback to Severus' birthday a couple years ago

"Y/n....why did you get me a gift I told you I don't like to celebrate my birth-"

"No! Don't be silly Sevy, I'm your best friend I'm gonna get you something weather you like it or not." I said that last part with a wink.

"Fine." He said after a huff. He opened the present and inside was a little cute baby niffler. Hahaaa the way he jumped was priceless.

"Aahhrrgg." He screamed, he jumped onto my bed and started lecturing me to get that THING away from him. I was obviously dieing of laughter, while he held onto the headboard for dear life like he was about to faint. He made me keep the niffler,and never came back to my room ever again, hoping not to see my little baby.

End of flashback

"I can't believe you still hate nifflers, they are so cute." "They are rodents." He said blankly as if he did not just insult my child. "Excuse me Severus but that is my child you are talking about." I say taking him from Severus and into my arms. "Oh, lovely so now the thing is your so called 'child'."

Yes, he is my child you old wanker.

"Don't be nasty Sevy." That caught him off guard and me if I'm being honest, I hadn't called him that since we were young. Realising I must of crossed a line there I quickly apologised. We started to head to our spot by the Black Lake.

Walking down the path I said "Don't you miss it?" "Miss what?"

"All the things we used to do together."

It became silent. He thought for a moment,but never answered my question. We walked the rest of the way in silence,when we got there, before I could do anything he asks "What did you bring that bag for?" Looking over to the bag on my shoulder. I gave him a mischievous grin and he knew what I was doing. "No. We are not going to get drunk on school premises, especially not as teachers." He said that to me in his classroom voice. "Oh c'mon it'll be fine! Who's the grouch now" I remember him calling me that whenever I didn't wanna get drunk with him, he looked surprised I even remembered it. I tried to argue but he had his mind fixed.