Severus?

I just found out I could put on music for you so like....it's for no reason but for the fun of it I'm putting on the song 'Pretty woman' sung by Alan Rickman (Severus Snape actor) and Johnny Deep

Y/n Pov

It had been a few weeks, by a few weeks I mean 3 weeks. I got my letter back from Dumbledore and he was very pleased to have me working at the school. I must say I was very happy aswell.

Within a week I had my trunk packed, I didn't necessarily have much time either because the new school year would be starting soon, it was almost September. I was counting the days down, I really wondered if much of the staff still worked there.

Sooner or later the time had come, I was finally going to go back to my school, my home. I'm wearing a black blouse with a pattern, and I pair it with jeans with a black belt, I did my hair in a (y/h/s) and put on some white shoes. I was finally ready to go.

I got onto the Hogwarts express after passing through platform 9¾ and got into one of the teachers compartments, there I was greeted by my old transfigurations professor Miss McGonagall

I got onto the Hogwarts express after passing through platform 9¾ and got into one of the teachers compartments, there I was greeted by my old transfigurations professor Miss McGonagall. "Oh, hello dearest! So wonderful to see you again." She said, as she got up to give me a hug. "Hello professor it is wonderful to see you as well!" I beamed

I was a little weary of the hug, I never liked the embrace of someone. It reminded me of my grandfather, he was the only person I felt truly cared about me,he would hug me all the time and rub his hand against my back in his warm tight hugs. I loved taking in his scent and being around him, he has always cared for me. He died when I was 10 years old, I have never really liked or even offered any hugs from that day forward.

I was awkward when McGonagall hugged me so I guess she must of taken a mental note not to do it again. "I'm so excited to come back after all these years." I say and she replies with "Yes it is quite a marvelous thing, returning back to a place that carries so many memories." She speaks in a calm tone, very pleasing.

"I wondered, are many of the proffesors still there?"

"Yes, alot of them are still there dear. Although there is one new proffesor, he came a year after you graduated. I'm sure you'll know him."

"Oh... alright then."

Professor McGonagall and I make small talk for half the train ride, she soon falls asleep and I read my book 'An Imaginary Contract' a love story between two people that are just ,as you might put it "friends with benefits" but eventually start to...catch feelings.

The train ride soon ends and I awake my new colleague. We get up and leave, I come to find Haggrid waiting outside for the first years.
"Ello there y/n! Nice to see yer again!" He says. "Yes, it's very nice to you as well Haggrid!" I say.

"Well I'd love to just chat and catch up y/n but I've got to take the firs' years to the school."

"No problem Haggrid. See you at dinner!" I say walking away, heading to the school with McGonagall.
We get there in no time and she takes me into the Great Hall after talking to the first years.

I see Dumbledore at the front gates and he is greeting everyone "Oh Miss Y/l/n how great to see you!" He exclaims. "It is wonderful to see you aswell professor Dumbledore." I beam. "Oh, don't bother calling me that, only when there are students around you can say that, otherwise it's Albus to you." He says kindly "We are colleagues now after all! Well I'd like to carry on and talk but, I've got to greet the students and I bet you'll need to get your bearings."

"Alright sir, talk later!" I say walking away with McGonagall.

We walk in and the hall is full of staff and pupils ready to start the ceremony. There are two seats left, for McGonagall and I. She points to the seat next to a man with dark long black hair, his robes are black and he is looking downwards into his lap; he's reading a book.

I start heading towards the seat and I sit down. I look up to the man next to me and greet him. He immediately stops what he is doing and stays completely still, starstruck almost; very rude if you ask me. "Uh...hello?" I say trying to catch his attention,his head shoots up to mines and our eyes lock.

We stare at eachother in complete shock, it's dead silent untill I say "Severus?"

"Y/n?" He says, still caught up in the moment, I know that deep,languid, velvety voice anywhere, although I must say it has gotten much deeper over the years.We both have nothing to say, he was my enemy at one point,it's been so long. "It's...good to see you again Severus." My cheeks grow hot at the realisation, hearing his name role of my tongue after so long just feels...odd?

"You as well miss...y/l/n." He says, and turns back to his book. I can feel the tears brim in the corner of my eyes as I stare in disbelief at him and his stubbornes. We have just seen eachother for the first time in years and that's all he has to say? Not to mention but when he called me miss y/l/n it broke me a little.

I turn my head towards the front door, wiping my eyes and I say "Oh don't be a hard arse,Severus." He turns to me with his face expressionless "What do you expect me to say? I'd rather not engage in any conversation with somebody like you." He says coldly turning to his book. (A/n: I'm sorry for this but I have to say it 😭 even though I'm writing this I feel like just putting it out there in the world, my general reaction to his response is 'Daddy chill' I said it aloud while writing it 😭 ok anyways back to the story)

My heart breaks even more "Don't be a git Sevy, you know your happy to see me." I say with a smug face and nudging him with my shoulder,I swear I could've almost seen a smirk on his face,but he quickly covers it up.

"Do.Not.Call.Me.That" he responds with some bite, but I couldn't care less, I was too comfortable with him and we were best friends, I know he only does that when he's annoyed but being the best friend I was I only ever ticked him of more. So I say " I'll call you what I want and....I know you hate me...but I just want you to know that all those years ago... I've put it behind me and I'm ready to-" I want to carry on speaking but Severus interrupts me and says.

___________________________________

Yes I shall leave you with a cliffhanger,why? Because I am evil 😁