Chapter 5

Heya people! Yep, as promised in my message board, here's the update! Enjoyyyy!

~*****~

Author's POV

Same night, Suryavanshi Mansion (1:30 AM)

Adheesh entered his lavish room, which was now accentuated with the fragrance of flowers, scented candles and essential oils with the elegance of shimmering lights. His eyes ran from the in-built garden area inside the room, to the fountain and then at his bed where a silhouette of a person was visible from in between the sheer curtains.

He climbed the steps to his bed, reaching the platform where his bride sat with a veil hiding her beautiful face. Involuntarily, he smiled seeing her, before parting the curtains away and taking his seat in front of her.

Ariaa smiled from beneath the veil, feeling the slight dip of the bed and stopped herself from pulling away her veil. She didn't know why she was made to sit like a doll there on the bed with the huge curtain of her veil over her figure, all she was told to wait for her husband like that because he would be the one to take it off.

Adheesh raised his hand, and raised the cloud of her veil from her moon-like face. Ariaa, for the first time in her life, felt shy when he admired her form sitting there as his wife. He spoke with his deep husky baritone, with a hint of warn welcome in it, "Aapka aapke naye ghar mein, is kamre mein aur hamari life mein swagat hai Ariaa."

Her eyes gently raised at his words, by now she was aware of how eloquent and versed he is in the art of speaking, because he commanded attention, and respect whenever he spoke. She passed him a smile, speaking softly, "Aapka bhi meri zindagi mein swagat hai, hukum."

Adheesh smiled at her words, amused that she was capable of even speaking with such softness and politeness. He frisked his pocket and pulled out a vintage velvet box from it, the little cube of wonder perplexed her when he opened it revealing a beautiful sapphire ring sitting inside it.

Ariaa gasped seeing the jewel of wonder, a deep blue sapphire sitting in the middle surrounded by various diamonds as if guarding it

Ariaa gasped seeing the jewel of wonder, a deep blue sapphire sitting in the middle surrounded by various diamonds as if guarding it. Adheesh took her left hand, causing shivers to race down her spine when the ring graced her third-finger which was meant to bear the ring of his love. Her eyes shined with happiness, when he told her with utmost sincerety, "Ye aapki muh dikhayi."

She frowned hearing his words, and enquired him, "Muh dikhayi? Ye kya hota hai? Aap to kitni baar mera muh dekh chuke ho na?"

Adheesh couldn't help but chuckle at her words, and told her briefly, adjusting the ring on her finger, "Ji haan, par ye rasam hoti hai. Dulha aakr dulhan ka ghoonghat uthaata hai, aur use muh dikhayi mein kuch gift krta hai. Hum soch rhe the ki aapke liye kya laaye, kyunki abhi aapki pasand napasand nhi jaante. Pr fir yaad aaya ki aapke paas sagai ki anguthi nhi hai, isliye hum ye ring le aaye. Aapko acchi lagi?"