Chapter 1

Hola peeps! I am finally settled into my new house after a week of some tedious work. Hence I decided to update today. I hope you all enjoy the first chapter! 

~*****~

Author's POV

Same night (Suryavanshi Palace, 7:00pm)

"Di, aapko kya lagta hai, aapki mehendi ka rang kitna gehra aayega?" Arina asked Meera, looking at her bridal henna with interest. Her minimal henna was almost done and she was being pampered by her brothers – Ekansh, Roohan, Veer and Ivaan – while Idhaaya was also getting her henna sitting on the other side. Idhaaya gave Meera a cheeky smile, "Mumma told me, agar rang gehra chadhe to husband pyaar utna hi zyada karta hai."

Her words caused Meera to go in a trance, too vivid yet known

Her words caused Meera to go in a trance, too vivid yet known. She still didn't know if Abhay loved her or not; he wasn't disrespectful or rude to her, but he wasn't nice, loving or caring either. He was indifferent; to her, to their marriage and this is what puzzled her always. If a person shows a certain emotion towards you, even if hate, then one can deduce you have a certain impact on that person's life. But with Abhay, she never felt that she actually affected him. He seemed immune to her.

She was lost in the cage of her thoughts, when Rajmaata Damini came towards her in her pristine white saree and rotated a bundle of notes on her head, "Bahot sundar lag rahi ho, jeeti raho."

Meera looked at the lady with a Cheshire grin and sparkling face, she held great respect for the lady who brought up the three Suryavanshi brothers after their parent's demise – Maan Singh Suryavanshi and Akshita Maan Singh Suryavanshi.

She responded, too pleased, "Thank you dadi sa."

Damini kept a hand on the girl's head, when an icy cold and detached tone taunted from behind, "Huh, kya khaak sundar, dulhano ko kaala rang shobha deta hai bhala? Aaj kal ke bacche, riwaaj to jaante hi nahi hain."

Meera squinted her eyes at the person, the snake of Suryavanshi family and the brother's aunt – Pranita Jai Singh Suryavanshi, wife of Jai Singh Suryavanshi, Maan's younger brother. Even Arina and Idhaaya rolled their eyes at the comment, when Damini answered in a firm yet elderly tone, "Riwaaj to ye bhi kehte hain ki nayi bahuon ka aashirwaad or acche shabdo se swagat karna chahiye, par aap to...khair jab bade hi galti karein to vo apne chhoto ko kya hi sikhaenge?"