Sonic stood up and definitely now forgot about his sleepiness, whilst Shadow slowly came out of the bush he ended up landing in due to the kangaroo dodging his attack. He had sticks and leaves stuck in his fur and quills, but he did not mind it at the moment.
"No way, man! The emerald is ours, we found it with our tracker!" Sonic opposed while wielding the brightly glowing light blue chaos emerald in his hand.
"What is tracker?" the kangaroo asked while tilting his head and raising his eyebrow in confusion. But before the hedgehogs could give him an answer, there was a strong net thrown at them and it trapped them inside, followed by some yells and battle cries, as more mobians like this kangaroo showed up, obviously celebrating their little success at capturing the strangers and helping their tribe mate. Both Sonic and Shadow tried to make their way out of the net before the hybrid used the teleportation to get them out of the net, which surprised many of the kangaroos, but it did not fully stop them, as they tied the both hedgehogs' hands up behind their backs afterwards and held them hostage.
"Good move, Shadow," Sonic scoffed while struggling against the weirdly strong kangaroos.
"Shut up!" Shadow growled while doing the same and even kicking some of the mobians, which made them grin and soon laugh in response, which completely stunned the both hedgehogs, who watched them in disbelief. They are trying to save their own lives here and the mobians dare to laugh at them?

The maroon kangaroo took Sonic's emerald and held it high above his head, only to get it snatched away by another one. However, this one seemed to be the tribal chief, since he had a makeshift crown sitting on top of his head and two necklaces decorating his neck. His fur was obsidian black with occassional marigold stripes and markings on various parts of his body and his eyes were almost as red as Shadow's. Among all the variously maroon, brown or even silver and ivory kangaroos, this was the only dark one and it was evident, that they chose him as their chief.
"You want Shiny?" he asked the two hedgehogs in deep baritone while grinning at them, revealing a few of his sharp canines. The two hedgehogs now also noticed a terrible scar leading across the kangaroo's left eye with that eye being slightly paler than the other.
"It's our 'Shiny' and I suggest you to give it to us, else we might take it by force!" Sonic dared to threaten the chief, whilst Shadow rather remained quiet and didn't dare to say or do anything, now sensing some kind of danger from these tribal mobians.
"Hahaha, I want to see you try," the chief was probably the only one able to speak decently english, whilst the others had struggles with it. As the tribe, these mobians had their own foreign language and even signed amongst each other, which Sonic and even Shadow did not understand. The chief then exclaimed something in their foreign language, which caused everyone to cheer up and smugly grin in response, as two kangaroos each took the hedgehogs and along with the others headed back to their village.

Upon arrival, the two hedgehogs were forced onto their knees in front of a throne of the tribal chief, who stood right in front of them and thoughtfully rubbed his chin, seeing the hedgehogs as potential worthy opponents for their strongest member, who always did the battling and claimed the worth and value of the tribe for every year. This strongest member was named simply Savage, because his fighting style was usually mischievous and well, savage. The chief's name was Raven for his black fur and wisdom.
"You got two options, exotics! You either fight and prove yourselves worthy of Shiny, or you leave under my exceptional mercy," the chief spoke to them in strong exotic accent, yet the two hedgehogs were the real foreigners among the kangaroos. Shadow glanced at Sonic and gave him a warning signal to not do anything stupid, but Sonic seemed to already make up a decision.
"We'll fight and prove ourselves worthy of your precious 'Shiny'," the hedgehog spoke firmly while looking straight into the chief's eyes, which many kangaroos gasped at, since it was rude of strangers to hold an eye contact with their chief like this. They themselves did not even dare to look at him at all. The chief growled at him in his foreign language, which Sonic did not understand, but Shadow did, not based on the words, but based on the kangaroo's gestures.
"Look down!" Shadow quietly whispered to his hedgehog companion while lowering his head to express submission to the chief.
"What? Why would I- oof!" the chief gripped Sonic's cheeks tightly with one hand and hissed at him.
"Look at the ground, Blue Daredevil!" he forced Sonic to lower his head as well and was satisfied with Shadow's politeness.
"Call Savage in! Prepare the ground for the battle! The hedgehogs are ready," he then ordered the rest of the tribe and everyone listened to his commands, preparing Savage for the upcoming battle, whilst some of them cleared the area in the center of the village to create a battlefield there. The chief then glanced down at the two hedgehogs, disliking Sonic's guts, but Shadow seemed to be more sympathetic to him. In fact, he took a fancy to the hybrid right after his eyes landed on him earlier, thus saw him as a valuable being.