34. Upholding The Dignity

Continue from the previous part...

*Clank*

........

A sound of pure metal just travelled down their ears, making them all look towards the sound.

The wind turned cold, and the air looked tensed, as if the world had taken a pause. When a dark figure emerged from the entrance, a light jingle rang with a pleasant fragrance.

.

When those angry pairs of eyes just turned wide with their pupils shrinking and their breath being held midway, it was a very pleasant surprise.

.
.
.

A woman just rose from the shadows, her exquisite beauty just unparallel, her silky strands running down her waist, smooth black lines just highlighting her expressive eyes while staring down Surpanakha's soul, dressed in red, her upper half adorned with a beautiful Suryavanshi chest plate, and her finger curled around the sword.

.
.
.
.

"S-Sita..."
A trembling whisper was heard, while the Suryavanshi brothers just stood frozen with their jaws dropped.

.

Meanwhile, Sita just walked towards them with her slow steps, her wavey strands dancing while her eyes darted towards Surpanakha. The devas just looked down at the earth while their lips formed a smile.

Surpanakha just stood still as if rooted to her place, while the sweat beads just rolled down her jaws and thousands of questions crossed her mind.

.

"S-Sita, you here?"
Surpanakha spoke hesitantly as it was an unexpected meeting, while Sita just stopped a metre away, making her a bit uncomfortable, while the brothers took some steps away.

"You didn't answer me?"
Surpanakha continued, looking at Sita as her smirk grew wider.

"You know well why I am here."
Sita spoke immediately as her gaze moved towards her sons while Surpanakha just smiled, and in next the moment she again summoned her throne while she settled her comfortably.

.
.
.
.

"Well... well... so you are here to wage a war against me?"
Surpanakha spoke while raising her brows, and Sita just stared at her blankly.

"(Scoff) I am here to end a war waged years ago."
Sita spoke with a smirk while Surpanakha looked at her in amazement.

"Pretty smart..."
Surpanakha spoke while she shrugged her shoulders as she looked at Ram.

.
.

"This is what you want, right?..."
She continued, faking her concern and looking at her while her hands glowed.

.
.
.
.
.

"SO TAKE IT!"
Surpanakha roared while she swung the sword in the air as she rushed towards her. Sita just changed her position with her quick reflex, blocking her strike.

.

"That's what I was thinking—a witch with no spells?"
Sita spoke as she blocked her stroke, and Ram just stood spellbound while his mind bubbled with amazement.

"So an open challenge?... Accepted!"
Surpanakha spoke with a slight laugh as the swords clashed with the sound ringing and filling up the air.

The brothers just stood silent while their gaze moved with Sita's actions, her every move just skillful and clean, as it reflected her upbringing, all so thoughtful and open-mindedness, as the Mithila princesses were treated no less than Rajkumars.