13. ❣️Those Unspoken Words❣️

Continue from the previous part......

She then moved towards the dressing table, removing her extra jewelery. She placed herself comfortably before the mirror, her fingers doing the work.

........

He then slowly moved towards the bed, his gaze fixed on her back, facing him. Her soft curls tickled her cheeks, and the black, silky matter brushed her back.

She then moved the hairbrush through her strands, lightly combing them. His soft gaze was still fixed on her through the mirror.

With his soft step, he moved towards her and stood beside her. And in no time, he sat at her feet, kneeling down, facing her.

"Arya!"
A shocked gasp escaped her lips.

He then moved a little closer, placing his warm palms on her knees, his soft eyes looking straight into her eyes.

"Please forgive me, Sitae," he pleaded, taking her soft, warm palm into his.

"But Arya..."

"Because of me, you suffered throughout your lifetime, Sitae." Tears started forming in his eyes.

"No!" She nodded negatively.

"Why do you not think like that? If I had saved you, that evil demon would not have kidnapped you, and if I had not listened to this pity public, you would not have suffered the sorrow of Vanvaas and separation." tears flooded.

"And... and these my boys had been living a peaceful life..." he choked.

"Everything...... everything happened just because of me! I am the culprit for my son's snatching away their mother, to your sisters too, and I m the biggest enemy for your parents, Sitae."

"I had been able to be a good king, an excellent son, a best brother, but I had failed... Sitae..... yes! I had failed to be a good husband."

"And it's you who never told anything about it? You never felt like I was playing with your life to just plant the flag of my greatness? You never thought of just planting a tight and hard slap across my cheek when I took your fire trial (Agni Pariksha)? And you never thought of blabbering harsh words at me when I asked for proof? After suffering so much, you did not utter a single word."

While saying this, he buried his face in Sita's lap, fisting her saree. For the first time, he had opened himself; his pain and grief were no longer inside him, disturbing him.

He clung to her like a little baby, his lotus eyes draining with tears.

Hearing his words, Sita cupped his face in her embrace. She closed her doe-shaped eyes, taking deep breaths.

"No, Arya, it will be me who has done something in my previous life to have this sorrow and pain." She said it coldly, just taking everything upon herself.

"What are you telling, Sitae? If it were like that, then the sorrow you had got was, why all because of me?
Because of my impulsive decision, you got into trouble!" He spat back.

"After all these things, you are taking it upon yourself? You know that it's a sin to save the culprit by taking his sins upon himself or herself. As per Rajdharam, that particular person should get mirthyudhand (capital punishment)!" He broke.

"Arya, I am just doing this, for which I am here on this earth; my biggest milestone is to serve you throughout my life; that's it! My sorrow is yours and yours mine." She let out a pale smile.

With her last sentence, he was speechless; her greatness was reflected through her thoughts, both towards herself and for others. 'Aaise hi thode na unhe jagmata kaha jata hai'.

For the last time, she kissed his lips and hugged him tight.

"We should sleep now." Saying so, she left with Ram to their chamber and slept peacefully, mixing with each other.

......

Update soon!

❤️