5. ✨️ Memories to Cherish With ✨️

Continue from the previous part.......

........

"The festival is being celebrated even before the arrival of Holi," Said Shatrughn in a sarcastic way. Everyone entered the chamber.

Four of them stood embarrassed, looking at each other.

.........

"What condition have you all made of yourself?"
Asked Kaushalya, approaching with a pleasant surprise.

Both Ram and Sita shared an embarrassed gaze.

Ram clicked his tongue in embarrassment and let out a slight smile.

"What will I do now?" Sita muttered under her breath, and a pink hue appeared on her cheeks.

And Ram let out a teasing smile.

"Ram Bhaiya, you look so funny....." said Shatrughn, stressing out the last word.

"Hope you remember our first Holi," continued Shatrughn, keeping his hands on Lakshman's shoulder and smiling wickedly.

.........

FLASHBACK
It was early morning before even the elders woke.
But the devil twins dashed through the corridors with a handful of Holi colors and bundles tied to their dhotis.

"Bhaiya, today's Holi isn't?" exclaimed Shatrughn, looking at Lakshman.

"Hmm...hmm..." Lakshman hummed in agreement while rubbing his palms wickedly.

"Today, we will play Holi in such a way that Bhaiyas will never be able to forget it for the rest of their lives." Lakshman continued pouring colors into his small palm.

"OK, let's go!" Commanded by Lakshman, both of them paced towards Ram-Bharat's shared chamber.

As they reached the door, the soldiers looked horrified at them.
"Rajkumar, you here?" Asked one of the guards.

"Shhh...!" Hushed Shatrughn.

"Let us in," said Lakshman, looking at the guard.

"But...."
Without waiting for his answers, they both rushed inside.

As they entered the chamber, the chamber was lit low, with a small amount of sunlight entering through the curtains.

And they saw two small figures lying on the bed, mixed between the blankets.

"It's the time...he..he..." Shatrughn grinned.

.......

Both of them sneaked into the chamber and climbed the bed without making any noise. And settled themselves beside them, hovering their palms above their faces.

"Oh Bhaiya, today we will be turning you into beautiful Apsaras" Lakshman whispered to Ram sarcastically.

"Hahaha!" Shatrughn giggled, tracing his fingers on Bharat's face and making funny patterns.

Shatrughn then stroked his finger above his lips, making a red moustache. And then he circled his finger between his brows, making out a large green-colored bindi.

"You are so good at it, Shatru!" Exclaimed Lakshman while looking at him in amazement.

Then Lakshman, too, started drawing patterns. He painted Ram's face in tricolor, with yellow, blue, and red. And added criss-cross lines on his forehead.

Their painting skills were all displayed on their faces, and now the cute, charming Rajkumars were turned into horrible demons.

FLASHBACK ENDS

........

"Hehehe! How funny it was!" said Lakshman dreamily.

"Tell me what happened nextttttt?" Asked Bharat, teasing.

"The story ends here, that's all!" Declared Shatrughn moving away.

"That's cheating!" Whined Kirti while she crossed her arms.

"I will tell you." Ram said, glaring at the twins.

"No!" They screamed in unison as they looked at Ram with pleading eyes.

........

FLASHBACK CONTINUES

"Aaaaaaa!" Bharat let out a shrill cry.

"Don't worry, my love," consoled Kaikeyi, collecting him in her arms.

Ram sat beside her with a calming smile, enjoying the twinie mischief.

"What happened, Didi?" Entered a hurried Sumitra.

As she entered the chamber, her face turned white and pale, and her lips were wanting a hard laugh, but she controlled it.

"Choti Ma! See what those demons have done to me." A crying Bharat walked towards Sumitra, gripping her saree with his tiny finger.

"Wait, let me teach them a lesson!" roared Sumitra, cracking her knuckles.

As she was about to leave the chamber, voices were heard.

"Leave us! Where are you taking us?" Lakshman and Shatrughn whimpered, struggling to let out from the grips of the dasis.

"Here they are," said the dasi, pushing them towards Sumitra.

FLASHBACK OVER
..........

"Then what happened, Jijashree?" Asked Urmila.

"Then what?" Said Ram, smirking.

"Then they were beaten up by their Maa, the way that they were unable to sit for days and their backs were hurting like anything," continued Sumitra, taunting them.

And everyone let out a hearty laugh, and the twins just stood embarrassed.

........

"Oh, Didi I just forgot to tell you something," Said Mandhavi.

"What is it?" Asked Sita.

"That...... Maa, Pitaji, Chote Pa, and Choti Ma will be arriving this evening!" exclaimed Urmila, jumping in joy.

Sita: Really?

Urmila: Yes, Didi.
She hugged her.

"You all should clean up yourself," teased Kaikayi.

"And put up your dhoti, too," continued Kirti, looking at Luv.

Luv's face turned red in embarrassment, and he hid his face in Sita's pallu.

And then both Ram and Sita scooped up their dear sons and took them for a pleasant bath.

......

I hope you like it, and please like and comment.

Update soon.

Please leave your valuable votes and comments.

❤️