32. Face-to-face

Continue from the previous part....

"Revenge's are painful and destructive. Revenge is destructive as it consumes emotions, thus it is evoked by pain; anger is its medium, plotting is its application, hence the result you know...."

Surpanakha spoke while her lips formed a smirk, her eyes flashing with triumph.

........

The Dasi came dashing inside while she struggled to catch her breath; her face formed lines of worry, indicating something was wrong, while Ram just turned his gaze towards her, reading out her expressions while thousands of questions crossed his mind.

.

"Maharani, the boys..."
She muttered again while looking at Sumitra, her eyes glimmering.

"What?"
Urmila spoke while looking at her as she was serving Lakshman.

"They... are nowhere..."
Dasi mumbled while everyone looked at her.

"What?!"
Ram muttered under his breath as he gulped down the food. Meanwhile, Lakshman and Shatrughn shared an intense eye lock as their minds revolved around a single answer.

Dasi looked pale while she looked at Sumitra, as it was the second time something was happening like this.

.
.
.
.

In the next moment, a soldier came up with crucial news, and Ram just turned his gaze towards him while the soldier let out a light nod. With the soldier's arrival, it was clear that something was really wrong, and with his gesture, Ram slowly stood up and walked through the corridor along with the soldier as he looked tensed.

Watching him leave, Sita just felt numb as her right eye twitched, indicating a bad omen, and tears rushed to her eyes as Dasi's words echoed in her head.

.

"Ram! Finish up the food!"
Kaushalya called.

"Maa, I will have it later!"
Ram spoke in a hurry while he vanished into the thin air, which made them more anxious.

Watching him leave all of a sudden, Sita felt something, and along with Lakshman and Shatrughn, she followed him.

.......

IN ARENA

Ram just reached the arena, finding the place all empty while his worried gaze rolled around searching for them, when he just spotted the pair of swords lying, which triggered out his emotions. He just felt something that he had never felt, as his heart wavered anxiously.

.
.
.

"GUARDS!"
He spoke commandingly as he saw none of them around, when a few of them rose from the corners as their limbs were draped in bandages, while other were limping and moaning.

"Maharaj..."
One of them spoke while he lowered his gaze, as Ram just raised his gaze towards them, as he was shocked to see their condition.

"Where are the boys?"
He asked with his ears, wanting an answer, while the trio stood watching them.

"Maharaj, that... they took them..."
The soldier gulped down his saliva while his gaze raked upon Ram's expression, changing, and Sita just broke into tears.

Hearing him Ram just felt cold as his knees hurt, and his mind bubbled with thousands of questions when Sita rushed to him as she clasped his arms.

"Arya... Luv-Kush..."
She spoke as her lips trembled, while Ram just stood silent, looking at the guards. Her mind just bubbled out with anxiety, her eyes glimmering while she blabbed out senselessly.