4. Alden finds the one thing he's bad at

I woke up to sunlight streaming through the windows, bouncing off the miniature bronze sea creatures. The rays were making a rainbow in the saltwater fountain. I had an idea and got up to start searching around the bunks.

Hearing the noise I was making via my far from silent search, Alden jumped off his bed onto the floor. Once a habit, always a habit I guess. 'What are you doing?' He asked, peering down on me with a puzzled look.

'Gold hunting,' I replied pulling something out from the bed I had my hand under. 'Jackpot!'

The something happened to be a deep purple pouch, that, when I opened it was nearly filled with drachmas.

I walked over to the fountain to find that my search had taken longer than expected, as the sun had moved again and the rainbow was gone. Sighing, I placed the pouch onto the window sill just above it and decided to make my call later.

Alden who had watched my failed task unfold, merely rubbed his eyes and said that we better get ready for breakfast. 

We had just made it out of the cabin in time for the conch shell. Hair barely brushed, clothes crumpled and rubbing the sleep out of our eyes but we made it.

Breakfast was more chilled than dinner but the looks were the same as the campfire, though most of the senior counsellors were trying to get their cabins to stop staring. Didn't work well but the thought was nice. 

After I sacrificed half a bagel to Poseidon, I joined Alden at table 3. We'd decided that since we were staying in his cabin we would stay as our own mini cabin and that included sitting on our own for mealtimes. For breakfast, technically we were allowed to sit with whoever we wanted, regardless of cabins. I wasn't bothered to try and find our friends. Or would be friends. I'm not sure you can call someone you talked to for two hours a friend yet. Alden wasn't bothered either, so we sat in silence, eating until we had to head to activities.

For the activities we decided on following either the Athena cabin or the Hecate cabin seeing as they were the only cabins we knew anyone in. And seeing that neither of us knew how to form a well rounded schedule for camp.

Activity number one was arts & crafts with cabin 6. We got totally showed up, the nerds were lightning quick with basket weaving, which was today's craft, and every single one turned out perfect. By the end, I thought mine was half-decent seeing as I only half-done, but the half that was done wasn't too bad. Alden on the other hand was - another story, to put it lightly. His was a mess. It had fallen apart in the last fifteen minutes and he just left it there, in a heap in front of his chair. At least there wasn't any evidence that the perfect Alden Jackson was gods' forbid, bad at anything.

'We're never going to arts & crafts again,' he proclaimed as we went to find where the Hecate cabin was, the nerds were going to practice archery. Alden had personally banned me from ever setting foot in the range.

'I thought it was fun!' I teased, sending him a smile to let him know that I was fine with it. He, being the most polite gentleman I had ever met, rolled his eyes and shoved me off the path as we were walking.

We found them at the lake setting up the canoes. Luckily, they were happy for us to join, and even luckier for us, they didn't ask questions about parents.

Needless to say, we dominated the canoe race. 

The rest of the day passed quickly, between ancient Greek lessons, lava climbing walls and my personal favourite, pegasus care and cleaning class.

I headed to dinner with Alden trailing behind me, he had been a bit upset since basket weaving. I waved at Isabel and Hannah. Looking around I realised that not all of the table were full, for one table 12 only had Mr. D, Chiron, a sad looking 16 year old blond boy and two satyrs. For another, now that we were sitting at table 3, I realised that table 1 only had a dark haired boy around my age, he was glaring at us so naturally I glared back. He broke eye contact first.

Ha, ha, I won, I thought to myself smugly.

Dinner was amazing, even if it was nearly the exact same as last night.

Chiron got up and addressed the demigods. 'Children! As I am sure some of our returning campers know, this Friday we will be hosting ambassadors from Camp Jupiter. There will be an honorary capture the flag, as tradition states. Camp Half-Blood as the blue team and Camp Jupiter as the red. This meeting is symbolic of the bridge past demigods have built. One I expect each and every one of you to uphold.'

On that note, cheering broke out and we were hoarded to the camp fire where the Apollo cabin led us in the sing-a-long.

Finally updated again. I know it's a short chapter but I knew what I wanted in it, so yeah.

- Oak