Prologue

12 years ago

Annabeth walked into their house for the first time. Well the first proper time, she did design it and the majority of New Athens of course. But this was the first time she felt like it was hers and not someone else's who wanted everything she did. The house was beautiful. From the outside it looked like an ancient Greek oikos, the inside took some inspiration from it but was modern and clean. Not like it was going to stay that way with two ADHD demigods living in it (even if one was obsessed with keeping it clean).

And more on the way, thought Annabeth looking down at her belly.

Just then, Percy came up behind her and snatched the box out of her hands to add to the one he already had. 

'Hey!' she pouted.

'You're not supposed to be carrying anything heavy and you know it. So don't get mad at me and let's go explore our house,' said Percy practically bouncing with happiness. 

'I don't need to "explore" the house, Seaweed Brain, I designed it,' she huffed still glaring at him for taking her box.

'Well I didn't,' he said placing the boxes on the coffee table, which still needed to be moved to the living room, 'how about you can show me the babies' room?' 

Staring up into his sea green eyes, that she loved so much, she realised that Percy had already won and he knew it, 'Fine. Come on, this way.'

That night, after they had finished most of their unpacking thanks to the much needed help of Piper, Annabeth went into labour. All went well and a few hours later she was holding two little bundles. Bailey and Alden. She loved them more than she thought was possible, she also had the intense desire to lock them up and keep them safe from everything and everyone. Percy stroked Alden's cheek and the little boy giggled up at him.

Well, thought Annabeth, almost everyone. If there was one person in this world who could even possibly love these two babies as much as she did, it would be Percy.

Handing off her son to Percy, she got her first good look at Bailey. She was beautiful and if her eyes weren't tricking her she could swear she saw that twinkle of mischief that her Seaweed Brain never got rid of.

'You two will be the best of us all,' she whispered to her daughter, 'but no matter what know that I will love you always and forever.'

A/N: So timeline here,

Annabeth got pregnant at 21, Percy's 21 too. 

She has the twins at 21 on June 1st. 

The story starts on June 8th 2024. Percy and Annabeth are both 33.

Those are the relevant dates.

Any questions please comment.

EDIT: Also I changed the ages cause I don't want them to be 10. If you're reading this after April 2024, no need to reread, if not they're just 12 now 'cause I felt bad having 10 year olds go through my plans. Mwahaha. 

-Oak