Under the Moon's Veil (Luke Castellan x Apollo!daughter)

ابدأ من البداية

Cora looked up for the first time, turning her head around to see him. Immediately she gasped,

"What happened to your scar?" She instinctively held his face in her hands. Luke smirked, giddy from the attention,

"Percy reopened some old wounds both figuratively and literally." He chuckled. Cora scowled.

"If you had let me go with you this wouldn't have happened." Luke took a large sigh,

"Let's not talk about this right now. I just wanna see you happy." Cora's scowl quickly turned into a beaming smile,

"How could I not be happy when I'm with you, my winged Romeo?" She planted a kiss on his wound, longing to make it disappear with some magic touch.

She could tell even by how Luke held her, that he had longed for her touch. His body bent as easily to her will as a stick of puddy at her fingers. Cora wrapped her arms around Luke's neck; melting into the warm embrace. She missed this.

When they started meeting up in the woods, Luke would talk to her about his adventures, she would talk about hers. But, over time it just hurt too much for the both of them. Knowing that the love of their life was existing without them by their side.

These days they would just touch. Making sure no area was undiscovered before the end of the night; it never felt the same way twice. New scars, new bruises, nothing could stop the passage of time.

"How long can you stay tonight?" Cora looked up at Luke, searching for an answer in his eyes; begging him to stay just a little longer than last time. In response Luke inhaled, looking ahead of her- knowing he couldn't bear to see the expression on her face.

"So not that long then?" Cora furrowed her brows. Luke dug his head into her shoulder, shaking his head. After sitting there for a little longer, Cora spoke,

"Let me go with you."

"No I- you know you can't. It's too dangerous." She looked at him with bitterness in her eyes, shaking her head,

"If you don't let me go with you Luke," Cora searched for her words, tears filling her eyes, "the last time you'll see me is hanging from a tree." Cora started getting up, ready to run away from his phony warm embrace.

"Cora don't say that. Please don't say that baby."

"Do you even love me Luke?" Luke stared at her with the most puzzled look,

"Why are you saying these things?"

In truth, Cora didn't know. She just wanted everything to be normal again. She wanted them to swim in the lake together; finding the secret passageway that would take them to the stone cave, overgrown with green ivy. He would hold her in his arms, lifting her up to the ledge where they could just sit. She would put her head in his lap and he would caress her features. They would just talk. They could just talk back then.

But now, Cora didn't know what had become of them, of her. Luke was crying, holding his head in his hands as he tried to hold back his sniffles. His voice was breaking with the little whimpers that dared to escape.

Cora thought back on the week before. She had been in the woods and she had taken a knife with her, trying to pick some raspberries for lunch that day. Cora finally found a bush full of them- not often found in these woods. As she began to pick them, her mind started to wander. Of course the first place it went was to Luke- what was he doing right now? Was he thinking about her? Was he safe? Lost in thought she cut open one of the raspberries she had picked. She gasped. The shade of pinkish red perfectly matched that of Luke's lips. She grabbed more from her basket and continued to cut into more of them. It was incredible; the shade and pigment would've blended right into his if he was here. The juices of the previous raspberry escaped into the soil, merging into one as the cycle of reunion began again. Even the juice had consistency to find comfort in.