Luke Castellan x Chrysanthis Green - One Last Time

wc: 2360

a/n: I added some changes to their fight scene recently because I wanted it to feel more vicious and REAL, lemme know how it feels

Chrysanthis wanted to kill him. She wanted to punch him in the face, then kick him, then drown him, then stab him. Then she would watch as he withered away into oblivion. Instead she just walked away.

"Chrys, wait!" Luke ran after Chrysanthis, "I wouldn't have come here if I didn't need you." That made Chrys stop. Need her? He had seemed to be able to function just fine without her for the past two years, why on earth did he need her now?

"Why. Are. You. Here? " Chrysanthis said her sentence slowly, enunciating each word so he perfectly understood her question.

"Percy's a damn good swordsman." Luke chuckled as he opened his jacket and lifted his shirt, showing off a wide gash across his abdomen.

"Oh gods." Chrys instinctively went to touch the wound, seeing the level of damage it had caused to his organs. She caught herself and stepped back; returning to a cold face of indifference, "Why should I help you?" This took Luke a bit by surprise, which only infuriated Chrysanthis further. Did he think he could just waltz back into her life, did he think she would of her own will help the enemy?

"I-i, I don't have anywhere else to go. My best healers are gone and, you're the best healer I know." Chrysanthis rolled her eyes, trying to hold back a smile,

"Flattery will get you nowhere." She started walking again and Luke followed behind her silently.

They continued walking until they got to her apartment, where Chrysanthis turned around to Luke,

"You aren't going to make a sound. I'll step in and make sure the coast is clear, then you're going to run to my room."

"Trying to hide me Chrys?" She glared at him.

"You're lucky I'm helping you at all. Now wait here." Chrys went into the apartment, leaving the smallest crack in the door. After a few seconds of waiting, Chrysanthis stuck out her hand, and waved him in.

As he stepped in he couldn't help but have his mouth agape,

"You have an apartment this nice in New York?" Chrys hushed him, trying to get him to her bedroom door. All of a sudden, she heard voices from the other room, shit. Scarlett walked out of the room, and stopped in her tracks when she saw Luke.

"You're back early..." she went to the kitchen to get some food, "Who might you be?"

"I'm uh, just a friend." Chrysanthis scoffed. He was not a friend.

"Okay 'just a friend', would you like some water?" She handed him a cup and then grabbed Chrysanthis by the arm, dragging her out of Luke's earshot to yell at her in a hush, "Christi, you have not brought a man home in years. What is going on right now?" Chrysanthis sighed,

"It's complicated. I just have to help him out right now okay?"

"Okay..." Scarlett eyed Luke up and down, "He's really hot Chris."

Luke put his cup in the sink and gave Scarlett his signature Hermes grin. Scarlett had to restrain herself from giggling, not her fault of course, it was one of Luke's gifts. That and his shit-eating grin.

"Thank you so much for the water, I was very thirsty." Gods, Chrys wanted to get out of this situation.

"Luke, let's go." Luke gave her a sarcastic look, aw man, I was having so much fun! She returned it with another one of her glares. He quickly obeyed.