For a moment, I wondered if she told her cousins. They have every right to know that I helped with Han's disappearance. I know it must have been torture for Rapunzel to keep it in. I don't blame her for saying something. But for Elsa and Anna not to forward the message? Why would they do that? Maybe for Rapunzel's sake since we're dating. Maybe...maybe even for my own sake since they're my friends. Maybe they're okay with the knowledge that Hans had been kidnapped and therefore bad things are happening to him. Or happened. Past tense. He could be dead now.

Maybe they feel that justice had been served and are okay not having confirmation. I'm not about to ask. You know, just in case nothing has been said at all. That would suck if it was me who spilled the beans.

Maui sighs, disappointed and probably stressed out. "Damn teenagers. Okay, well, if she hasn't said anything yet, then she must really, truly love you. Cuz honestly, I probably would have snitched if it meant getting some reward money."

"She's rich," I remind him, "She doesn't need the money." I ignored the tingly sensation in my stomach. Rapunzel loving me makes me all...mushy gushy inside. God, I love her so much.

Maui looks at me suspicious.

"What?" I say. "Is there something on my face?"

"No," he's glaring now, but I'm unsure if he's mad or not, "I'm just wondering why you're really with her. Is it for her or for her daddy's money? Or maybe the things inside their house you can steal and profit off of."

Okay, now I'm mad. I pointed an accusing finger at him, stepped forward, and poked him in his very muscular chest. "Listen here, bud. I'm with Rapunzel because somehow, after knowing her for four years, I finally got to actually know her. I fell for her hard and it was never for her money. I fell for her because of her. And if you ever say anything around her that suggests the idea that I'm only with her for the money, I will try my damned hardest to beat you up."

"That's physically impossible." Maui puffs out his chest and flips his hair. "Look at me. I'm a God."

"It's the thought that counts."

While I was full on serious, Maui laughed and pats me on the back. "Okay, okay. I can tell you're genuinely hooked on her. Look, once upon a time, I used to be like that. Dating girls just to steal from them. I broke a lot of hearts. I don't want you to do that to Rapunzel. She's such a sweetheart. Ever since Moana and I met, I've changed my life around for the better and the things I used to not regret doing, I regret them every day now. Don't break her heart, Flynn." He squeezes my shoulder hard. "Because I will break that average face of yours."

He releases me with a smile, and as I'm whining in pain, I say: "Average?!"

Blasphemy.

"Anyway," Maui continues, turning serious again. "Shouldn't Rapunzel knowing motivate you even more to get out?"

I nod. "Of course, she does. But I still have the Stabbington Brothers I gotta pay off. If I don't pay them off, they'll find me, and I'm afraid they'll use Rapunzel against me. Whether she knows what I do or not, she's still my girlfriend. I love her and if they end up stalking me due to suspicion, they'll know right away."

Maui sighed and shook his head. "That's why most of the recruits are teenagers. Easy to fall in love and make friends, therefore it's easy to bring in more recruits for the drug and thievery empire. Or, if push comes to shove, it's easy to make hostages to keep one motivated in their role. We'll need to be careful. It was easier for me because I was one of the Druglords, but you're one of the playing pawns."

"So what do we do?" Because now that I'm thinking about it deeply, something I try not to do so I don't panic, I found myself, well, starting to panic. I try not to feel hopeless, but the feeling is growing every second that passes.