Sing for your heart (so it will survive!)

the awaited episode 6, chapter 17 is HERE!

sorry that it took longer then normal (i had some irl problems) but in return yall get 5.4k words (13 pages)!

as promised heres a bit of fluff to go with ur angst and yes, after a shit ton of rethinking and replotting the ending i have decided on a happy ending u all will like (just suffer through a little bit more angst to get it!) and enjoy

=============================

"Hey where is Derek?" Trevor wasn't trying to be nosy but...ever since the whole competition thing has started...it was like a switch had flipped. Even though he knew it shouldn't be too surprising -he was always the more sadistic of the two- it still...hurt.

"Hmm? Oh he went out to eat with Kristal." The redhead responded, entirely uninterested as she flicked her nails, she'd have to go get them done soon because they were getting out of style (and to reward herself for the shit show that was Yul's reputation.

However her attention switched back to the intern before her when he let out a disappointed sigh, like he was hoping for something.

...

Interesting...

"So what is it that you wanted to talk about?" Derek was surprised to say the least when he was invited by the hostess for breakfast, not saying he didn't deserve it- just that he hadn't necessarily been expecting it.

"It's...it's about Fiore." Ah, that would make sense (what are you talking about? He wasn't disappointed at all...), he'd heard from Oliver that something (though he never found out what) had happened the night before.

Though that meant he was probably going to have to go and do a bunch of damage control... great. Whatever, it was in his contract, no point in trying to resist (and if there was a small, minuscule, itsy bitsy amount of worry then- no there wasn't).

"Ah- what exactly happened..?" From what he guessed it hadn't been pretty and was definitely going to be a touchy subject -if only judging from the swollen eyelids and face eyes the raven adorned- to get information on.

"..."

She didn't respond, keeping her eyes trained on her lap intently. Okay, so it was going to take even more pushing and pulling then he thought. Great.

"You don't...ehm- don't have to tell me all of it? Maybe just what...what you need me for? Because you didn't call me here for nothing..." the ending was mumbled but he didn't really care if she heard or not (that's a lie, he definitely cared a lot) besides, as much as he liked real food he was tired and the challenge they had planned wasn't necessarily...a fun one (at least for him).

"...No- no you're right. Just- just give me a second..." he nodded minutely, forcing himself to sit still, instead moving to look around randomly, eyes wandering across the surrounding civilization with a nonexistent interest.

After some breaths and a couple minutes of calming down the hostess finally spoke up, ripping him away from where he'd gotten lost in his thoughts.

"I need you to um- I need you to help eliminate Fiore." If his attention hadn't been focused on her beige it certainly was now because what the fuck. After how long they'd been forced to look for her and then make a cover story and deal with covering up and cutting out moments in the published episodes, and she wanted to take her out?!

"Are you crazy?!" Okay, he knew it probably wasn't what she needed right now but you couldn't blame him for how he was acting, it was insane for her to ask that!