“Go Di Yi!”

“Charge!!!”

At this moment, no one cared about their earlier worries. What they saw was Shang Yufei about to set a new record for "Di Yi."

Di Yi had lost in last year’s final, losing the championship. If they could maintain their current level until the end, recapturing the championship might just be possible.

It seemed not entirely impossible.

"Someone else has fallen into the vortex!" the shout came.

The camera panned to capture the athlete ahead. At that moment, one competitor accidentally fell into the mud, half-submerged and continuously sinking.

With no object around to cling to, he had to spread his body flat, trying to slow his descent.

Yet, it was only a matter of time.

After struggling to squeeze into the top ten, was he really going to lose everything at the last moment?

His heart was filled with resentment and sorrow.

The mud stretched across the entire track, and it was indistinguishable before stepping on it.

Once he felt himself sinking, he immediately knew something was wrong and hastily tried to move back. However, this panicked movement only accelerated his sinking.

He did not understand how the athletes who passed earlier had avoided this trap.

For the participants in the thick of it, the answer wasn't clear, but from the spectator seats, it was obvious.

When the previous athletes passed, the path was just a flat road. Clearly, this trap was set randomly by the organizers. The trigger might have been the "thirteenth person" to pass.

The thirteenth competitor couldn't move and the athlete in fourteenth place was quickly approaching.

Bai Yue looked at the figure on the big screen.

Shang Yufei appeared in the frame.

Ahead, there was an unnaturally shaped path. The center was depressed, spiraling the surrounding sand and stones downward.

A person was lying at the edge. Seeing someone approaching, he immediately called out, "You can't get through here!"

Shang Yufei glanced at him.

When he saw the man's face, a flicker of something passed over his features, but noticing the camera hovering above, he quickly hid his expression.

Hesitating, he asked, "Can you pull me out? I don’t want to be eliminated just like this."

Competitors from military schools were rivals, normally without reason to help each other. His warning was an attempt to curry favor, but he held little hope for a positive outcome.

If that failed, he would have to resort to a last-ditch effort.

However, just as he finished speaking, he saw the black-haired young man approach, grab his collar with one hand, and lift him out with a forceful yank—effortlessly pulling him from the mud.

Not to mention the competitor's weight, the constant downward pull of gravity alone was formidable. Any slip could have pulled both down.

Yet, this person had easily rescued him?

The commentator exclaimed, "That's Di Yi for you, formidable in both speed and strength. And such noble character, willing to lend a hand even in a competition..."