Chapter 5

Upon hearing these words, Shang Yufei was initially stunned, then his mind exploded like fireworks, and he abruptly sat up. The blanket covering him slid down.

"What... what did you say?" Due to the shock, he spoke a bit incoherently.

"I want to smell your pheromones," Bai Yue calmly stated, repeating it once more.

For an Alpha, pheromones were a weapon used for battle and suppressing enemies. However, when an Omega said something like this to an Alpha, it clearly held a different meaning.

Omega's pheromones could make an Alpha feel desire, and vice versa.

Shang Yufei didn't understand the sudden request from Bai Yue and questioned its significance.

Bai Yue: "Is that not allowed?"

"It's not about whether it's allowed or not!" Shang Yufei, feeling frustrated, ran his hand through his hair. "Are you sure you want to do this now?"

Bai Yue nodded.

Shang Yufei: "But your brother is coming back soon."

Bai Yue tilted his head, seemingly not understanding the relevance.

Seeing the firm attitude, Shang Yufei compromised, "Go to your room then."

Bai Yue: "Can't we do it here?"

...Here.

Shang Yufei glanced at the entrance—it could be entered at any time. Moreover, next to it was the window, wide open for ventilation.

Though it was a residential area with not many passersby, there was still a chance someone might walk by.

Looking at Bai Yue, who was hopeful, Shang Yufei couldn't bring himself to refuse.

His brows furrowed tighter and, in the end, as if giving up, he grabbed Bai Yue's neck, pulling him close to his chest.

"If you want to smell, then smell." Shang Yufei said fiercely, "I can't guarantee what might happen later."

Bai Yue's forehead pressed against the young man's chest, warmth transferring through the layers of clothing.

"Thump, thump."

Heartbeats raced, not just for Bai Yue but also for Shang Yufei. Although their faces didn't reveal it, the rapid thumping conveyed the palpable nervousness.

Bai Yue reached out, encircling Shang Yufei's waist, his face pressed against the other's body. A fervent and warm breath enveloped him.

As his pheromones were yet to be awakened, he couldn't perceive the scent of Shang Yufei's pheromones, and his body showed no reaction. However, he could vividly feel it—Shang Yufei's pheromones were incredibly warm, like the intense sun bathing his skin, wrapping around his entire body.

Similar to Shang Yufei himself, bold yet intricately delicate.

Unable to contain himself, Bai Yue chuckled softly.

Shang Yufei still felt a bit awkward, "What are you laughing at?"

Bai Yue: "I just feel... it's really nice."

Being able to stay with the person you like.

Together.

He lifted his head, gazing at the other. Shang Yufei, though still wearing a sour expression, had eyes that spoke an indescribable tenderness.

Bai Yue raised one hand, caressing the lobe of Shang Yufei's ear, adorned with a black earring—a coming-of-age gift he had given last year.

The earring, obsidian-like in color, complemented the matching dark strands of hair.