Chapter 26: Last One Standing

Once again, a person died within your grasp, within your reach. One that was there for you, one that only wants the best for you.

'How can I be so weak?'

'How can I let it happen again?'

" I only put her out of her own misery!" Mich is laughing from a distance like a mad woman as she approaches you. Her devilish laughter was shortly muted when the rain poured.

Your tears fell along with the droplets of the rain. You slowly put Masclara down and placed your palm on her forehead, sliding it downwards to close her eyes. Using the same hand, you covered it with haki to grab Mich's sword behind you when she swung it to your neck.

 Using the same hand, you covered it with haki to grab Mich's sword behind you when she swung it to your neck

You pulled the sword along with her who held it firmly. You stood and kicked her foot, causing her to slightly lose balance then you elbowed her shoulder to make her crouch down. Quickly, you gave her a roundhouse kick to the side of her head, sending her slumping to the muddy ground.

You immediately fished the chest box inside the bag that Masclara wore, opened it and made the biggest decision at the very moment.

You grabbed the devil fruit and took a bite.

/ For every new devil fruit user, one must practice and carefully use its power. Everything has its limit and a devil fruit user is no exception. /

Blinded by your rage and a clouded mind, you ran around and touched every single weapon left by the dead as it disappeared into your dimension.

You've read and reviewed how to use this before. You are aware of its effects if a new user uses it to its maximum storage or goes beyond it.

You can already feel the burden but you have to keep going. Mich is skilled compared to you. This part of your quest requires a lot. Despite your dedicated training, it's not enough. You'll need tough force to get right through her. You're aware that overusing a devil fruit is dangerous to the user's body but just like any other goal of victory, a sacrifice is a must.

" You're next. " Mich wiped the mud on her face, showing her bloodlust that sent war.

She chased you while you kept your distance and touched every weapon you could see around. You recalled everything you read about it. That is your only basis on how to properly plan and use the devil fruit to your advantage.

With every weapon you touch, you chant 'enter' and concentrate for it to go inside your dimension or what is called the weaponry. You found your sword along the way at the exact time that Mich appeared in front of you.

You forgot she still has the stamina to use her 'shave' skill.

Her eyes were wide and mad, her grin was like hyenas as well as her demonic laughter.

You attacked her with your sword while aiming to push her back. When the time was right, you turned back and went to run so you could find more weapons.