Chapter 22: Arrows

" Sometimes, anger can also push you over the limit when fighting. It can be a good thing but most of the time, it can ruin the person during the battle. " Masclara gave you a cup of rooibos tea. (Rooibos tea is a type of tea that strengthens your bones.)

Thanking her for the tea, you stared at your reflection from the cup for a moment.

" I'm not hot-headed like my brother. "

" But everyone can feel strong emotions like anger, even the kindest people like you. "

" Still, I don't think I'll ever win a fight with Mich even if I can handle my anger. " You said.

" I know you want to win but...are you willing to kill her? If I'm not mistaken, that's what Aokiji is expecting you to do along with consuming the devil fruit to fully protect it from bigger pirates who wanted it." Masclara pointed out. Your mind ran quickly into different kinds of scenarios, trying to make up your mind if you can really kill your former Vice Captain.

Can you really kill one more person whom you've been with? Indeed, she has a cold heart but something inside you wants to hesitate.

" Hmm, I'll stop stressing you, sweety." Masclara sighed and gently patted your head then tucked the stray hair behind your ear. " What matters most is for you to stay alive, alright? "

" Yeah, but I need to make up my mind because I can feel meeting her again is near. "

" For sure, so take a sip of your tea and I'll assist you with your training. " Masclara cheered to lighten up the serious mood. " We don't know about tomorrow but we have today to live for. Stop thinking about that psycho bitch and enjoy your tea, sweety."

After tea, she trained with you while the other crew members joined you from time to time. It's been a good week of sailing while training. But at night, the thought of Mich always visits you and keeps you awake.

" Hey? " Killer whispered beside you, getting your attention after catching you staring at the ceiling in your shared bedroom. You turned to him and smiled, trying to act like nothing was bothering you but he could see through that.

He lowered the blanket, showing his bare chest. He gestured for you to move closer and lean on him which you did. You placed your head on top of his chest, tightly held on him, as he tucked the blanket around and wrapped his arms around you. Holding you like that made you feel safe from everything.

" What's bothering you? " Killer asked. You can feel his breath fanning your skin.

" Insomnia, I guess?" You sighed heavily and closed your eyes.

" I just want to let you know I'm your other half. Meaning, you can always share whatever is bothering your peace whenever you're ready, okay?"

" Of course, thank you so much. "

------------------------

It's dark at night with only the ship's lamp illuminating the surroundings through the fog.

Behind a thick part of the fog which is the west direction of the ship, the person on the crow's nest informed everyone about spotting a light from a distance.