Chapter 3: Cooking

The art above is from Maleficey Beelz :)

You woke up early in the morning. Just in time to see Killer preparing the ingredients he needs.

"Morning" You greeted. When it comes to hiding your panic or tension around him, you'll be awarded for being good at it. Most people can't hold that for too long.

"Good morning, so you decided to join me instead of resting huh." He continue on opening the cabinets for the pots. You walked inside joining him in the kitchen.

"Indeed, can I use that?" You pointed the extra apron hanging on the wall behind him. It is a black color with 'Best Cook' written on it. He nodded and reached it then gave it to you.

You wore the apron and got a hold of the two strings on each side to tie it in ribbon behind you. You whimpered from the sudden pain from your shoulder when you tried to tie the strings behind you. You didn't notice the muscle pain this morning but stretching your arm to reach your back kind of hurt a little bit.

"You okay?" Killer turned to you. You nodded but your facial expression says otherwise.

"Kid's attack yesterday may have given me a little muscle pain in my shoulder. As you can see, I just started training a year ago." You gave a small laugh.

"Here, let me help you." Killer offered. It was too late for you to reject his offer since he swiftly went behind you. "For a woman who just had a year training, you're impressive in blocking Kid's metals. Maybe being physically strong runs in the Eustass family." He laugh a little. A little that made your heart skip a bit.

You felt a shiver on your spine when you felt him tie the strings. It's not too tight but you can register a soft touch from his hands. Suddenly, the kitchen feels hot that you are now blushing.

"I was wondering why Kid didn't attract your sword with his ability." He said.

"Oh that...my sword is made out of pure silver." You answered. The hidden tension inside of you subsided. The way he spoke made you feel at ease and comfortable. As if you two were close from the very beginning, which is not.

"Kid also mentioned, you used to be a cook for the marines." He said when you turned to him as you scan your figure with the apron. This made you smile while he went back on the pot. At least it never made you feel like he is distancing himself, unlike what you did before.

"Yeah, I wanted to work with the marines while on the sea because I thought I would be safer with them. But my path turned upside down." You giggled.

"Maybe you were really destined to be in the sea where your brother is." He said. You bet he is smiling inside of his mask. You wanted to talk about his mask but you were unsure if that's a good idea since you just arrived in the crew.

"Maybe you're right. I'm sure mom and dad will be at ease that I'm here now with him. But mostly, I know you were there for him since the beginning of his adventure. You and your comrades." You smiled at him genuinely, showing how much you appreciate his patience when it comes to his captain.

"You're part of his adventure too. I'm glad that you're here, I won't be alone in handling Kid's temper anymore." He scoffed while you giggled. He sure feels relieved that you are not like his brother with a hot head attitude. But there is also a limit to your patience. You can be like Kid at times, but on a rare occasions. So rare that even you is scared of yourself having a temper.

The whole time inside the kitchen, the two of you were just casually talking. You learned that they met Wire and Heat from a different island in the south blue and the majority of the crew is also from the south blue.