Chapter 23: Separate

The first two ships that appeared earlier were eradicated fast. However, the Kid Pirates realized too late that it was just a distraction.

Underneath the Victoria Punk, another coated ship pushed it forward. The coated ship pushed Victoria Punk to a different route. It was a violent push that made it hard to stand properly on the deck without holding onto something.

The crew pointed the canon lower to target the coated ship. While doing so, some of the crew notices the thick fog again but this time, there are bodies of rocks around it. Victoria Punk is being pushed in that direction and the enemies aim to crash the ship.

The crew was able to bomb the enemies' ship, popping their coat as it emerged to the surface in broken pieces. But because of the momentum, Victoria Punk still drifted towards the fog, engulfing the ship with poor visibility. The helmsman carefully steers the ship to avoid the island of rocks.

 The helmsman carefully steers the ship to avoid the island of rocks

(image credit to alamy)

" Where are we?" Kid asked the navigator who was holding a map.

" This is a remote island but to my knowledge, it's not supposed to be this cloudy or foggy." The navigator answered.

" This thick fog could be man-made. Remember, we encountered the archers last night in a poor visibility area." Killer said.

The ship sailed in a careful slow movement as the fog covered the visibility of the surroundings. The helmsman tried turning the ship to the path where it came from.

Killer's eyes wandered around when he noticed something was off upon hearing something was moving fast around them. The sound is similar to a rope hitting the air when it is moving fast, just like a jumping rope sound.

"Hold your weapons and be on guard."

Killer's eyes widened under his mask upon sensing something was approaching the ship rapidly. He then tried to run after you but the moment his fingertip touched your hand was the exact moment a vine circled your waist, pulled you up above the air and took you away, leaving your screams to echo as you vanished through the fog.

"Shit! Y/N!" Killer's breath became heavy when his hand wasn't able to grab you.

"Y/N!" Kid shouted. Everyone looked around them and shouted for you but there was no response. The poor visibility worsens the situation more, making the culprit unknown.

Killer saw a little island of rocks and it was enough already for him to serve as his stepping path. He jumped off the ship without any assurance of his next step due to the poor visibility of the surroundings and all he knew was the direction where the vine had taken you.

When they thought it was only you, out of the blue of the unpredicted move, Masclara came screaming as the vine circled her thigh and pulled her away just as what happened to you but she was pulled into a different direction.