Chapter 21: Peacefulness

The sky is dark today due to the bad weather. The two in charge of the crow's nest watched you down below on the deck with concern.

Gritting your teeth, you swung your sword forward in the air. You were supposed to use a wooden sword but you wanted to familiarize yourself more with the silver sword.

Despite the cold raindrops covering your whole being, your cheeks can still feel the hot tears rolling down from time to time.

"Damn it." You swung the silver sword forward with both hands as your support.

"Damn it." You repeated your actions once more.

"Damn..." You paused and wiped the tears in your eyes mixed with the raindrops while glaring at your hands holding the silver sword.

You used to hold knives. You used to cut fruits, vegetables and meat. You used to enjoy cooking while being able to serve the government and travel around the world with Captain Zatur and the crew.

Now...

You're holding the sword of your dead Marine Captain, cutting enemies, running from the government, having no peace of mind with a big responsibility on your shoulders.

' I did nothing wrong.'

You look up to the dark sky that resembles your situation then close your eyes.

' Heavens, on what weight did I deserve to be treated like this? Do you hate me this much to give me this--'

Suddenly, a warm strong hand held your wrist, distracting you from your thoughts. You looked over your shoulder and saw the blonde standing there.

You slightly saw his eyes staring back at you through that white and light-blue striped full-head helmet that he always wears.

Then, as if you heard the Heavens speak, you thanked the Heavens for letting you meet your brother and the man of your life once again despite the cruel and traumatic night that changed your life forever.

" You're going to catch a cold, you've been under the rain for almost three hours. " Killer spoke softly.

' I guess I can overcome this problem. '

You smiled and let go of your sword, hitting the floor with a heavy clang. Killer was taken aback when you quickly hugged him tightly, oblivious to your thoughts.

" Hey, are you okay? " Killer caressed your back.

" Yes, I just missed burying my face in your ti-- I mean hug. Yeah, I miss your hug. "

" Oh? We're always together and you still miss me this much?" His soft voice sounds like music to your ears that calms you down.

" Yeah, I miss you every--"

" If you two wanna fuck, get inside your room." The most familiar sharp-tongue person in the crew spoke behind you. You leaned back and saw Kid walking out and heading back to his workshop.

" I should probably ask the crew to build your wall thicker. " He muttered to himself.

" You know what, Kid? I love you, brother, but sometimes, you just happen to appear whenever we're having a heart-to-heart talk." You rolled your eyes as he also rolled his eyes on you while walking to his shop.

Under Killer's mask, he smiled then shook his head lightly.

" By the way, Masclara is okay now. " Kid answered and went into his workshop.

---------

After changing into dry clothes, you ran to Masclara and Mohawk's room. Everyone visited her earlier and Mohawk went back to his duty so you're now the only person with Masclara in the room.