Chapter 12: Reporting

"So~~" A teasing voice came from behind followed by footsteps approaching you while you're rolling the rope on the deck. You recognized the voices of the newly wed easily before they could stand on both sides.

"We were right?" Mohawk said. You can clearly sense him smirking without glancing because of the way he sounds. Rolling your eyes, you faced them smiling and gave him the organized roll of rope.

"About what?" You said innocently.

"About you liking the vice captain." He raised his sun glasses, squinting his eyes on you. You just want to laugh at his action.

"You even tried to deny it huhh?" Masclara is obviously trying not to laugh at you with her hands on her hips like a mother.

"Well what about you two, neither of you said a thing about your relationship."

"But did you ask?"

"Yeah, did you ask?"

Hmm, good point. This couple have the same brain cells too.

"Well, I didn't. But anyway, congratulations."

"You too, congratulations." Mohawk and his wife grinned. 

Having a little chit chat about how you met Killer, you gave them the story they needed. Of course, they've been teasing you back and forth and was amazed by how well you hid your feelings for Killer for a long time.

When you tried to ask about them, they did give you the information but just like before, you weren't able to reach the story of Masclara before she became part of the Kid Pirates.

It's not a big deal to you but curiosity about her past life really stayed rent free on your mind. Every time you had a heart to heart conversation, Masclara's past is like a boundary that the crew avoids.

"Y/n?" Killer respectfully called you between the conversation.

"Yo." You look past Mohawk and saw Killer near the entrance of the Victoria Punk.

"I'm done, we can move your things now."

You nodded and excused yourself to the couple as you walked towards Killer.

"Looks like we have another couple." Says one of the crew. Someone whistled and giggled while joking around.

"Wish I could have someone too, vice captain is surely lucky too." Someone joked followed by laughters and teases among themselves. Killer is a vice captain but he can let their joke slide once in a while.

Well it's a different story if it's Kid. One wrong joke to the Captain and it's off with their heads.

"If I have known that a drink will make you two confess, I should've poured a barrel of sake on you two a long time ago." The red head devil spoke from the helm with a smirk.

"Fuck off, the only thing you did is to annoy us. " You replied. Kid rolled his eyes and faced one of the crew near him.

"Look at my sister, such an ungrateful woman." He ranted as if you've wronged him and you can clearly hear his complaints but decided to ignore it.

"Well captain, she's your older sibling." The crew shrugged.

"Yeah, I know but she wouldn't be with her 'long' crush if it wasn't for me, am I right? "

"Right, captain!"

Kid and his companion laughed out loud like it's an entertainment for them. You were about to throw your shoes but Killer pulled you by the waist and guided you to enter the door.