29

Three days. Three long and excruciating days since Kara's accident. The blonde just lay there limp and broken, still asleep from all the pain meds they kept her on. Oxygen filtered in through her nose and every so often she'd twitch in her sleep. Lena stayed by her hospital bed since the accident. Alex, Sam, and Eliza went home and showered and changed before returning to the hospital. It was now nearing noon on the third day, everyone was sitting around the bed eating burgers and chicken sandwiches when Kara began to stir.

Her eyes twitched and opened slowly before speaking. "A...Alex...." Kara croaked. "I'm here! We're all here! Sam, Lena and mom!" Alex replied quickly. "What...what happened..." Kara asked. "You were hit by the bull. The bull attacked you..you have some broken ribs and a lot of bruises." Eliza replied. Kara just looked at her and nodded slowly. "Sorry for interrupting girls day.." Kara replied looking at Lena. "It's ok..I'm sure there will be more girls days in the future." Sam added. "Why are you all here?" Kara whispered. "To make sure you were gonna be ok." Lena replied. "Oh...when can I go home?" Kara asked.

"As soon as we teach your friend here how to take care of you Miss Danvers! Hello! I'm Doctor Dan! How are you feeling?" The doctor asked. "Like.. I've been at a rodeo..." Kara replied. "I can only imagine. Well we're gonna do some tests on you this afternoon, while one of the nurses explains how to take care of your bandages to Miss Walsh here, since she'll be staying with you while you recover." The doctor explained. "Soap girl? You gonna take care of me?" Kara asked teasingly. "Uh...yes...sunshine...someone has to and I unfortunately volunteered." Lena replied with a smile. "Good. Go learn that shit so I can get the hell out of here!" Kara replied. "You heard her! Let's go!" Lena replied.

A few minutes later a couple orderlies came to take Kara for some X-rays while another nurse came in to explain to Lena how to re wrap the bandages on Kara's body. "So that's all? And when I wash the off use a damp cloth?" Lena asked. "Yes thats it. And remember she'll be in this chair for a while, even while shes doing physical therapy." The nurse replied. "Ok! I go it!" Lena replied. "Ok! When Miss Danvers returns we'll show you how to get you dressed and you all can go home." The nurse replied with a smile as she left.