Chapter 20

Recap~

"Stop!" Sage screamed, staring at Melanie is disbelief that Blake wasn't lying and that he would do this to a little girl.

Blake raised his hand and Shawn immediately stopped. Shawn and Oliver stepped away, and eventually Melanie stopped screaming. She was breathing heavily, tears clouding her eyes.

"Now lets try this again. Who is your brother?" Blake asked staring daggers into her eyes.

Sage knew she couldn't lie to his man anymore. She had to tell him.

"Marcus." She says.

3rd Person Pov~

Blakes face dropped, but just for a second. He couldn't show that her answer affected him in anyway, even though his mind was swimming with questions and confusion. Most of all he got more angry. Sage didn't miss the sudden change in the Alphas face. She felt satisfied that she could affect him in such a way. 

"Your brother is long gone. I killed him." Blake says in a monotone voice, trying to get his touch exterior back. 

"I know. I wasn't even invited to his funeral." She said.

"I never knew you existed, let alone related to the man that hunt my family down." He said stepping even closer to Sage's face. Conner stayed beside Sage never letting go of her. He was even starting to get a bit jittery, even if he wasn't the one getting interrogated. 

Sage snorted. She remembered her older brother keeping her a secret from society all her life. For her protection of course. She remembered when she was younger always wanting to go with her older brother Marcus when he snuck out at night. She never knew what he was doing or who he was with. but she didn't care, she just wanted to be as strong and carefree as he was. She wanted to have fun. 

But he always told her "What I do at night is to be kept secret. And yes I will be careful, no one can hurt me. You are the most precious thing to me, that's why you are gonna stay here, until I return. Okay?" 

And the foolish little girl she was she believed that he was unstoppable, immovable. Even though he would sneak back in at night sometimes limping, or he would have a black eye. One time he came home with his arm completely broken. They had to lie to mother and say they were rough housing. 

But as they got older, he drifted away from their parents and even some of his friends. But he was always close with her. Sage knew her brother was not bad in anyway. She didn't agree with some of his decisions, but she always loved him and had faith in him. Now these people, especially this man in front of her, she wanted dead.

They killed her beloved brother who wanted nothing more than to keep her safe. 

Blake was analyzing Sage as she drowned herself in her thoughts. Totally blanking out the death glare Blake was giving her. The feeling was mutual. 

"Where is Darren?" Blake asks snapping her out of her memories.

"Hidden. He honestly hasn't told me where he is because he knew you were going to ask that question. " She says cocking her head to the right with a smirk.

Blake looked at her eyes as they flickered a little. She bit her inside cheek. He knew they were nervous habits. He listened closely to her heartbeat as it sped up. He knew she was lying. 

"Shawn!" He called out. 

"No!" Melanie yelled as she thrashed against the chains trying to crawl away from the two guards. But to no avail. 

Sage jerked her head towards the cells, watching as they reached out to her grabbing her harshly. 

"NO. DON'T DO THIS!" Sage screamed in Blakes face.