[03]

•.[STAR WARS].•
21 BBY
The Clone Wars
.•|{}|•.

"It's a civilised matter

"It's a civilised matter."

"Nothing is ever civilised in a war."

Odessa would have been lying if she thought there wasn't some truth in his weighty and cogent words, which almost pleaded to her in a frustrated and taxing tone. This was very Odessa and Anakin fashion, the concept of having small insignificant arguments over the fact he struggled to accept sometimes, that the brunette needed to get her hands dirty and not just sit back and speak with a deceiving and compelling smile. It was her part to play as a public and a political figure, which she wasn't willing to step down from anytime soon.

"It's simple going to be a political agreement Anakin." She spoke, her arms crossed as she kept her head high "The more separatists we can persuade and keep on our side, the better chance we have at ending this war."

He shock his head, the Jedi still facing the back of her neck, as he buckled and tightened the numerous straps of her separate tanned coloured shirt "They have many politicians who can shake hands just as easy as you can, why does it have to be you?"

She sighed as she pushed her hair to the side so Anakin could place a thick black device around her neck that allowed her to speak with certain other people if necessary "The chancellor said they specifically asked for me."

He scoffed, his cold fingers tracing her warm neck as he grew angrier by the minute "Doesn't that say enough? This is dodgy Odessa and you know it."

"Even if it is Anakin I can handle myself." She reassured sternly, turning to face him as she placed her hand onto his cheek "Hey- come on don't be like this."

He finally looked at her, those blue heated eyes instantly softening slightly once they fell on her hazel coloured ones "Don't go."

"That's not fair." She shock her head, loosing her grip on her husband as she stormed into the living area with Anakin hot on her heels "When you get called to a literal battle field where I hardly get to speak to you for weeks on end, how do you think I feel?"

He remained silent "I wait and wait for you like a nervous wreck, but do I ever tell you not to go? No. Because that's selfish Anakin, what you're doing right now is selfish."

It was true, the weeks on end she would spend as a constant body of anxiety and nerves for her man who was across the galaxy, never really knowing whether he was going to make it back home this time. He was a Jedi and she had enough trust and faith in him to know he could look after himself. And yet when the roles were reversed, he seemed to forget she wasn't a shattered ornament, that could break into thousands of pieces with a simple flick.