[07]

•.[STAR WARS].•
42 BBY
Attack of the clones
.•|{}|•.

It was early hours in the morning when Anakin returned with a deep sense of dejection, regret and sorrow, his emotions being arguably reasoned for once everyone's eyes set on the unmoving and lifeless body in his arms

It was early hours in the morning when Anakin returned with a deep sense of dejection, regret and sorrow, his emotions being arguably reasoned for once everyone's eyes set on the unmoving and lifeless body in his arms. His mother. He spoke of nothing, his actions speaking louder than a hundred words, as he prepared her grave in the orange abisque.

Odessa didn't know what to say, her words being nothing that could comfort the grieving man. She glanced from the sidelines as he buried her, sensing a strong and potent sense of anger that made her hesitant to approach him. He carried dark thoughts, ones that she knew there was no use with interfering with, as she allowed him to grieve alone, in the comfort of the building.

Grief was a funny and perplexing thing, one that Odessa had grown accustomed to through the years. Both her parents were long gone, her father's death being one that she was forced to embrace at a young age. She often looked for people to blame or in the circumstances were she couldn't, ways were she could blame herself. Her father's dead wasn't her fault, but only if she had forced him to stay, forced an illness or dangerous, immature mission of some sort. And her mother, if only she had been the one with the illness and not her.

She didn't wish that was Anakin however, she didn't desire him to drown in his own mental turmoil "You should eat, I brought you something."

Anakin didn't raise his gaze, only continuing to fix the objects in his hands "I used to fix things all the time in Watto's shop, he told me I had a knack for it. It always seemed so easy, so simple. It helped me in a lot of ways. I felt so helpless growing up here, if I could help in any way, if I could fix things and make someone's life better than maybe I could one day make a difference."

"You will make a difference." She consoled quietly "One day, you will."

He scoffed, shaking his head "I was a naive boy; thinking I could solve the galaxy's problems and make everyone feel safe. I couldn't even save my own mother, how could I possible save everyone else?"

Anakin began to feel outraged, the growing anger and fear in his body growing as the thought of what happened to his mother, repeating itself with someone else he loved. Someone like Odessa.

"Anakin, that wasn't your fault-"

"She didn't have to die." His throat tightened, as his eyes began to water "I know I'm powerful enough to have saved her, I know I am. Why couldn't I save her? Why? I'm the chosen one. I'm supposed to be the most powerful Jedi that has ever lived, the one who is supposed to be able to save everyone and yet she died anyways!"

"Sometimes there are things no body can fix, your not all powerful" Odessa explained

"Well I should be. Someday I will, the most powerful Jedi ever, I promise you. I will even learn to stop people from dying!" His voice belled
"It's all Obi-Wans fault-"