Standish

I swing towards Charles Standish's apartment building, flicking through my contacts on the side of my mask, finding Gwen's number. I call her, waiting her to pick up.

" Hey, this pasta is legit." She answers with a mouthful of food, making me chuckle.

" Hey, so what do we know about Standish?" I ask her as I dodge a pigeon mid air.

" Uh, let's see... He's the Chief Financial Officer at Oscorp, single, known for his art collection." She tells me.

" If Li's after him, he's gotta be related to Devil's Breath." I comment.

" I'll run a search on everything in that file." She informs me, hearing her flip some paper.

" Let me know the moment you find anything. I think Lee might be planning something worse than city hall." I worry.

" So are we partners now? Cause, it sure feels like we are." She says and I can practically hear the smirk on her face.

" Partners. Sounds good." I nod.

" Ok. See ya, partner." She emphasises before hanging up.

I get closer to Standish's building, hearing shots being fired. I get there and see a fire fight between some Demons and a few cops who are severely outnumbered.

I shoot a web-bomb into the centre of a group of Demons, all of them getting webbed up. I then drop to the street, shooting webs at the last one's face, pulling him towards me as I land a right hand.

I look towards the cops, making sure they're ok, watching as they send me a big thumbs up. I make my way into the building, heading up to the top floor penthouse. When I get there, Standish is being held at gunpoint in his office.

I head towards his glass office, shooting webs at the glass doors as I slingshot myself at it, going through the door as I shoot webs at the two Demon's faces, pulling down harshly, making them hit their heads, knocking them out.

I turn and see Standish cowering behind his desk.

" You can come out, it's safe now." I tell him, making him stand up.

" What were they after?" I ask him.

" Just- Financial records." He tells me.

" About Devils Breath?" I quiz, trying to get to the bottom of this.

" How do you know about that?" He questions, taken a back.

" Why did they want it?" I push.

" I don't even know what it is. Mr Osborn been pouring money into it for years but he keeps the whole project a secret. I'm the only one who has any record of it." He tells me as I look over to his laptop.

" Not anymore. Looks like they copied some records onto a secure server. Payroll information.  On a Dr Isaac Delaney. Who is he?" I ask.

" I-I honestly don't know." He stutters.

My spider senses start to go off, making me grab Standish as I drag us to the floor, shots being fired into the room at us by a helicopter from the outside.

Standish runs towards the elevator, me staying behind and using my webs to throw anything and everything in the path of the bullets, making sure none hit Standish. The elevator doors open, but there was not elevator.

" No, wait!" I shout as he doesn't look, just steps and falls down the elevator shaft.

I quickly dive after him, shooting webs at the support beams, using them to pull myself towards Standish. I was running out of time and he was starting to fall faster and faster. I quickly shot a web, catching it on the to chest as I pull myself towards him. I grab his hand, shooting a web to the top of the elevator shaft, making us stop in our tracks.