Martin

I came to in an ambulance, feeling someone stop leaning on my chest. I look around, seeing an EMT putting something in a needle. I look to my side to see Gwen, crying with her head in her hands in the corner.

The EMT pushed the needle into my body, making me pass out again.

————————

I groan, grabbing my head as I open my eyes. My head is pounding while my body aches, feeling weak yet strong at the same time. My ears were still ringing, but I can hear the faint sound of a TV.

I sit up, noticing that I'm not in a hospital. I look around the white building, multiple glass walls around. I notice the tv in the corner, playing the news.

I climb out of the bed, heading over to the tv. I seen the news reporter, a picture of Osborn's campaign rally, right after the attacks.

" Mayor Osborn's campaign rally was attacked two days ago, and still authorities have no leads on who lead the attack." The reporter announces.

Two days ago....

" Well, nice to see you up." I voice sounds behind me.

I spin around, seeing Tony standing there with a mug of coffee in his hand.

" What happened to me?" I ask, my headache starting to dissipate.

" You got conked on the head pretty hard. Had to put you in a medically induced coma for a couple days." He tells me, motioning me to follow him.

" Where's Gwen? What happened to me going to the hospital?" I ask as I rush to follow him out.

" I don't know who or where 'Gwen' is, but with the hospital. I showed up, transferred you to stark tower before they put two and two together with that little costume you had on under your clothes." He comments, motioning to the suit I'm still wearing.

" Why did you do all that?" I ask as we walk out to where I fought Loki.

" Because we need you. The Avengers need you." He tells me, catching me by surprise.

" Look kid-"

" Kid?" I interrupt.

" I know that you don't want to work for Shield. I don't either. Incase you haven't noticed, I don't like taking orders. But, use that big head of yours. SHIELD is our best bet right now. Considering aliens came through a portal opened by a magical staff, who knows what else is out there. Or how worse it can be. There's no point going out there and making it harder for yourself by making Fury's job harder than it needs to." He tells me, making me clench my jaw.

" You know about Romanoff being tasked to me?" I ask.

" I do. I offered to do it in place of her but Fury said he 'wanted it done right' with 'no slacking off'." He mocks.

" See, that's the thing Tony, it didn't come from Fury. It's some higher up. Alexander Pierce." I tell him, his eyebrows furrowing in thought.

" Sir." A voice sounds through the room, making me look around.

" Yes JARVIS?" Tony asks.

" There appears to be a woman in the lobby demanding to speak to you." JARVIS announces, a hologram of the woman appearing on the table.

I look over, seeing two security guards around a woman who looked to be shouting at the receptionist. I'd recognise that blonde hair anywhere. Gwen.

" Tony, that's Gwen." I tell him, making him nod.

" Send her up JARVIS." He waves his hand.

" Yes sir." He nods.

" Voice activated intelligence system. Impressive." I nod, making Tony smirk.