Demons?

I walked around F.E.A.S.T to going to go talk to Martin Li. I headed towards his office and to no surprise of mine there he was, sitting at his desk. I knocked on the door and he said to come in. I opened the door and he stood from his chair, coming over to me.

" Andrea." He greets and he shakes my hand.

" To what do I owe the pleasure?" He asks as he walks back towards his desk and I follow.

" Sorry to bother you, Mr. Li..." I trail off as I reach into my bag and put the mask on the table.

" A friend of mine is a reporter. She's doing a story about art imports, and she found this piece... and she wanted an expert opinion on it, and I know you have a degree —" I ramble.

" Let's see what you have." He chuckles, picking the mask up to get a good look at it.

" Interesting. Where did she find it...?" He asks and I shrug.

I can't exactly tell him that I picked it off a guys face that I just fought that had glowing hands can I?

" A replica of an antique Chinese opera mask. I haven't seen one in years." He tells me as he flips over to see the inside of the mask and stops.

" This symbol here roughly translates to 'Demon'." He tells me as he point the mask around towards me.

" Demon?" I ask to myself.

" My father read me ghost stories with that mask and symbol in it when I was young. Scared the hell out of me. Andrea, listen. That mask, it's... It could be connected to dangerous people. Your friend might want to find a different story." He advises as he stands up and hands me the mask.

" You think their in trouble?" I ask him.

" I don't know. But why take the risk?" He asks.

" Thank you, Mr Li." I thank him as I walk towards the door.

" Oh no problem Andrea. You know you can ask me anything." He waves me off as I open the door.

" Andrea..." He trails off getting.

" Talk your reporter friend out of this case. I think it's far more dangerous than we know." He tells me and I nod before walking out of the office.

————————

I groan, taking my laundry out of the dryer. I hate laundry. My attention is drawn away as my phone starts to ring. I fold the piece of laundry in my hand before I answer the phone.

" Andrea, it's Dr Octavius." Doc announces when I answered the phone.

" Oh hey, what's up?" I ask him as I continue to fold the laundry.

" Lance Corporal Texedore is here for a fitting." He tells me and my eyes go wide.

I forgot I had work today.

" I totally forgot. Well - I mean - I didn't forget, forget I- I'll be there soon" I try explain and he just sighs.

" This tardiness is starting to become a pattern. Come on Parker, your better than this." He sighs and then hangs up.