"You still listening to him?"

"Of course.. listen to this one." She turned the radio up and put her own seatbelt on before she was pulling off the curbside, I glanced at the screen which read Two Hours From Atlanta.

I listened to the first few lines just staring at the screen, my face blank as i listened to every lyric. "I am not impressed." I tell Shug who just chuckled while hitting next, i listened as the intro played before recognizing the song.

"Ok, I kinda like this one.. I think I heard it on IG reels or something.." I explain to her, she smacked her lips and picked up her phone. "You gone let IG reels turn you into a Durk fan?"

"No.. i don't think I'll ever be a Durk fan, I just said I like this song." I remind her while adjusting my seat, she smacked her lips again. "Alright hold on.." She began fiddling with her phone, occasionally glancing up at the road which made me shake my head.

"Black people."

"Shhh.." She insisted while playing a new song, I glanced at the screen to see an NBA Youngboy song, I shook my head at her. "How're you gonna play him after playing Durk?"

"Shit, that ain't my beef." She stated while sitting her phone in her lap, I chuckled slightly while shaking my head while the song started. I got the bag. I read while listening to the flow, whenever I listen to him I don't even listen to his lyrics because that nigga is fucking crazy.

And sometimes I start to imagine what rappers are saying when they rap, so imagine me trying to imagine him "splitting someone's head".

"It's cool." I shrug, Shug just shook her head at me before stopping at a red light, she glanced over and started to bop her head along to the song so I sighed and looked away from her, hearing a chuckle.

"What? You don't like Yb?"

"He's cool. I don't really listen to a lot of.... Vulgar rap." I explain while gently rubbing my eyes, careful not to fuck up my lashes. "You sound old as hell.." She laughed which made me blush slightly.

"So what kinda rap you listen to?"

"Like.. Tyler The Creator, Kanye... shit like that." I mumble in return, hearing a hum. "You listen to anything."

"I do. I listen to Durk and Yb.. I just don't not listen to the majority of their music.. I only know a few songs. And why is Yb constantly dropping albums?" I frown by the end of my statement, glancing over at her to see her shrugging.

"I don't know but I'm loving it."

"Of course you are." I reply sarcastically while chuckling, she smiled. "Ima make you a fan of both of them." She assured me. "Like, a die hard fan."

"And how're you gonna do that?"

"You'll see, just keep listening." She insisted, the light turned green and she eased off the brakes and pushed the gas, making me shake my head in return. "You know you're a bad driver right?"

"How?"

"If I wasn't wearing my seatbelt then I would've been through the windshield right now.. and you were just checking your phone like crazy while driving." I name off while crossing my ankles, she chuckled at me like it was funny.