A Question Unveiled//Chapter 62

Start from the beginning

"Oh, Fae!"

A chirpy tone gained her attention as she peered over her shoulder to the one who called out to her.

"Yes, Cap'?" She smiled.

"Ah! Is that the Bloody Raven...???" The pink haired fellow asked with wide eyes.

Faythe watched Luffy totally lose interest in the current topic they were discussing and immediately jump down from the rubbles of a destroyed mansion.

"Where are you going?" Luffy had quickly found himself at her side.

The pink haired and blonde fellas had to dash to catch up with him.

"Well I was going out for a quick run." Faythe hummed at his curiosity.

"Why?"

"Well, I ran out of writing utensils and I can't write my story without them." She saw curls flip up in an awkward cow lick, so she began trying to smooth them down, "And I wish to finish some parts before we leave onto the next island."

Luffy hummed at that, "Do you want me to tag along?" Not really minding her small efforts at smoothing his obnoxious curls.

Faythe shook her head, and inevitably gave up on his hair—opting to just put his hat on his head to cover up the mess of bed hair, "It's not necessary. I'm sure the nice gentlemen behind you want to keep chatting with you anyways." She motioned to the silently staring marines. They were staring at her as if she were something from stories.

The pink haired caught himself first before introducing himself, "—C-COBY—!! The name's Coby! It's nice to meet you!" He gave her a 90* degree angle bow with his hand held out.

Faythe rose a brow at his anxiety, "Charmed." She gave his hand a shake, "I'm Faythe. I'm sure you know me as The Bloody Raven Fae." She smiled.

"You're not as terrifying as they make you out to be." The blonde fella stated, "But where are my manners, I'm Helmeppo."

Faythe quirked a brow at his first comment, but watched Coby practically kick him in the back of the knees, "Terrifying?"

"Idiot! Why would you say that!?"

"But everyone was talking about the rumored new 'Raven'...!"

"But I think it's still rude to say such things..!!"

Luffy laughed at the situation, "She's not terrifying...! She's one of my best friends and crew members!" He grinned happily.

Faythe chuckled at that, and readjusted his hat so that the rim blocks the sun from his eyes, "Well I gotta get going. I'll see y'all around...!" She waved them farewell before pleasurably taking a nice walk through the city.

But it looks like she couldn't make it even near the corner, before a large and rough hand had been placed on her shoulder—stopping her by force.

She snapped her head up to see who would have the balls to stop her from buying her precious items. But any words she was gonna shout, grew dry in her throat at who she met eye contact, "H-Heyyyyy... Luffy's Grandpa sir? Mister Monkey?? Admiral Garp sir...???" She laughed nervously.

Garp only seemed to stare her down for a few seconds in thought before grinning at her with a blank look. A expression she knew far too well to not know what it means, "Mind if we have a lil' chat, young lady."

/:/~***~/:/

What is this?

Staring down at her milk tea boba, Faythe couldn't possibly see how her situation was either dangerous or safe for the time being. But Garp's initial invitation to a chat was probably him working his nerves to talk to a younger lady.