Cash Money//Chapter 23

"Geez, that was a shock.... I can't believe he jumped from up here." Usopp played back to when Kaku jumped to his literal death.

"Well, I can't let you underestimate my workforce. In order to build a ship quickly and efficiently... One cannot just be of average body and mind." The same man who has yet to introduce himself as of yet. He glanced over to what appeared to be his assistant, "By the way, Khalifa.."

The woman with the clipboard—known as Kalifa, adjusted her glasses, "Yes, I've completed the background check." Her eyes drifted over to Faythe and Luffy specifically, "'Straw Hat' Luffy, 'Pirate Hunter' Zoro, 'Blood Raven' Fae, Nico Robin. These three have bounties on their heads that add up to 289 million berries. The straw hat gang got its start in the East Blue... And there are currently nine crew members."

Usopp stepped closer to Faythe, "Th-they know all about us.."

The man in question, hummed in understanding, "I see. Welcome. I'm boss of this town! Iceberg. And I just picked up this pet mouse. It's name is... Well..." He idly tan his finger over the mouse's head—which was tucked in his shirt pocket for some reason, "—Tyrannosaurus. I'll need some rodent food and a cage."

Kalifa once again adjusted her glasses, "It's all prepared, Mr. Iceberg!"

Iceberg glanced back with a surprised face, "Oh my! I must commend you, Kalifa!"

"Thank you!" She once again, adjusted her glasses, "Also, in ten minutes you have a lunch meeting at the Hotel in Chiza with a glass-factory executive. After that, you have an appearance at Riguria square, and after that...." She trailed off to flip the page of her schedule booking, "You'll be meeting with Mayor Bimine of Pucci, the gourmet city. While you're there, the newspaper will interview you. When you return to the office, there are some documents you'll need to go over."

"I DON'T WANT TO!!" Iceberg immediately hollered out with a straight face.

Kalifa nodded and proceeded to scratch everything out, "Then I'll cancel everything."

Usopp gapped, "HEY, ATE YOU SURE ABOUT THAT!?"

Faythe snorted, "Bro got his priorities straight, I guess."

Iceberg crossed his arms, "I'm powerful enough to be able to do what I like. I really am."

Usopp put his hands on his hips, "Your a total failure as a mayor." He told it to him straight. Earning him a loud cackle from Faythe beside him.

Luffy pointed a finger rudely at the self proclaimed mayor, "He's pretty spoiled. But isn't he the guy that old lady was telling us about?" He glanced over at Nami because Faythe was too busy trying to recompose herself.

Nami smiled, "It appears that he's the one."

"HOW DARE YOU—!" Kalifa shouted in infuriation. She lunged forward and sent a barrage of lethal kicks sent there way. Her hits would've nailed someone if Faythe hadn't grabbed both Nami and Usopp out of the way.

Luffy got up and dusted himself out, "What the heck are you doing!?"

Nami let out a stressed huff, "That was scary..."

Usopp grabbed Faythe by the shoulders, "I almost saw the light, Fae! The light!"

Kalifa straightened up, "How dare you speak about the world's foremost ship engineer in that manner!?" She seemed to snap back into reality and readjusted her glasses. She really needed to get those fixed, "Ahem! Pardon me, I got carried away. However, Mr. Iceberg is well loved around here. Please do not be rude to him!"

"Don't provoke Kalifa. When she gets upset... She doesn't aim well."

Everyone turned around to see Iceberg with a huge blotched and swelled up bruise on his face. You could see blood start dripping down from his nose.