Chapter 7 | A Deal And A Promise

Author pov:

The moment Ekaansh entered the room with his grandfather, Chachu, and Chote Chachu a heavy silence descended on them and he didn't realize that his plan would backfire. Despite failure, he was determined he wouldn't get married to someone just for the sake of their reputation or business.

"I am not going to get married" Ekaansh declared, his demeanor unwavering.

"Ekaansh now is not the time to be stubborn. You know the trouble Rathore Corp. has been facing in recent months. It will lead to a major setback if the news of the bride disappearence spreads, Kavya's parents might cancel the deal." urged his Chote Chachu his concern focused on business rather than Ekaansh's will.

"I wasn't one who made her run, so why should I be the one to compromise? I advised you all earlier against this marriage and the deal" he argued growing furious with the passing time.

"Listen to us and try to understand the situation. Not only Rathore Corp. but Espoir will also suffer losses" said his Chachu(Yuvraj), tempting to reason with him.

"You don't need to worry about my company now, especially when you didn't care about it through all these years. And will they carry forward the deal even when their daughter isn't the bride?" Ekaansh countered.

"They will help us because we saved their reputation by not disclosing their daughters wrong doings." his Chachu replied.

"The news about the runaway isn't public yet, but it won't take long. Someone close to us has done this having all the evidence shown. They don't know about the bride, so replacing the bride is the best option for now. Try to understand, Ekaansh. "

"Sorry to say, but I can't -

"I know you don't want to get married, but we don't have a better solution. If you want, you can divorce her after a year. I will help you with the divorce and won't let your Dadi force you get married ever, " suggested his grandfather trying to appeal to him.

"Dadu, I won't fall into your persuasion. You can't convince me with these words. " he remained firm in his words.

"I will let you do what you asked for last time - I won't stop you," his grandfather conceded

"Dad, what are you talking about?" inquired Yuvraj

"Yuvraj and Tarun, you both go to the hall. we will join you both soon and tell everyone to start preparations."

"I didn't agree."

"You will soon." Listening to their father's words, they understood that he would convince him, so they went out of the room.

"Dadu, Will you ?"

"I would also let you move to Germany as you wanted, and will convince your Dadi" replied his Dadu not having any choice he never wanted him to be more distant from family than he already was he rarely talked, and once his wife knows about this she would not leave him.