6: M a s t e r m i n d

No one wanted to play with me as a little kid
So I've been scheming like a criminal ever since

——————————————————————

Amerie sighed, she clicked the post button they was no going back they was already the first wave of notifications.

This was the idea that she had been contemplating and pushing away ever since she spoke to Harper.

Placing her phone on do not disturb, she didn't want to deal with comments today or anything that could have been said.

"Amerie can you come down for a second!" Taylor called out from the bottom of the stairs.

Amerie sighed, she knew what this would be about.

She walked down the stairs noticing Tree, her Mom's publicist standing next to her Mom.

"Yeah..?" Amerie mumbled.

"The post you just made, you understand you revealed your autism diagnosis" Tree spoke out.

"Yeah, so?" Amerie said with a puzzled face.

"Is this something you want to be open about now?" Tree asked.

"I do, why should I have to hide myself, why should I have to fit in, why is they such thing of social norms it's ridiculous I shouldn't have to follow society's expectations, I just want to be myself and feel good about myself" Amerie confessed.

"I'm proud of you Amerie this is a big step opening up about your autism I think this is an amazing decision you have made, but also scary as the media can be a dreadful place, Tree is going to be making sure anything ableist or discriminatory is taken down immediately as you don't deserve that, this is really brave of you and I'm happy for you" Taylor said pulling Amerie into a hug.

"Thank you, I guess I just want to be myself I'm tired of masking it's making me feel.. drained I don't know, but I'm scared I won't be able to stop" Amerie sighed.

"We will work on that, you are allowed to be you in so many different ways" Taylor said caressing Amerie's cheeks.

       ⋆。 ゚☁︎。 ⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。 ⋆

Amerie sighed pulling out the box on the top shelf of her walk in closet. She hadn't gone through this box in a long time.

She opened the lid to reveal the endless amount of fidget toys, sensory objects and a pair of ear defenders. She hadn't seen these objects in a while or used them in a long time.

She ventured further into the box, pulling out her old communication cards still in perfect, preserved and prestige condition.

Amerie felt the material of the cushioning of the ear defenders, she's gently placed them on her head, they sat nicely on the arms of her glasses.