4: S h o w s t o p p a

Lights, camera, action
We ready for the show
The spotlight's on me and I ain't stoppin'

——————————————————————

Amerie was getting ready in the dressing room for her appearance with her Mom on The Late Late Show with James Corden.

"Amerie are you ready? We have to go on in 20" Taylor knocked on Amerie's dressing room.

"Nearly" Amerie sighed, her hair was in its natural curls and she didn't know what to do with it.

"Do you need any help?" Taylor asked.

"Yeah!" Amerie called back.

Taylor walked into the teen's dressing room standing behind Amerie who was sat trying to figure out what to do with her hair.

"Your hair looks perfect sweetie, try not stress too much" Taylor said untangling some of Amerie's curls.

"Are you girls ready" One of the set workers asked.

"Yeah we are" Taylor replied and held Amerie's hand walking onto the set.

                 ⋆。 ゚☁︎。 ⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。 ⋆

"Welcome everybody to The Late Late Show! Let's take a look and see who our guests are on the show tonight. The excellent mother-daughter duo, please welcome Taylor and Amerie SWIFT to the show!" James called out.

The camera angle switched to the mother-daughter duo sat on the couch holding hands and smiling.

"Thank you for joining us tonight" James spoke.

"No, Thank you for having us James" Taylor chuckled.

"Now with the recent release of your new album The Tortured Poets Department I'm sure things are very busy, so joining us tonight is exciting" James spoke.

"Of course" Taylor chuckled softly.

"Now do you both know why you are really here" James asked.

"No?" Taylor spoke.

"Amerie?" James questioned.

"No, not really" Amerie said confused.

"Well you two will be participating in The Ultimate Mother-Daughter Duo Test, you will be competing in multiple challenges and competitions to see if you really are what they say you are, The Best Mother-Daughter Duo!" James echoed.

"Oh god" Taylor sighed.

"Now please may I grab your attention to our first test of the evening! This is what I like to call, The Are We Really Alike Test!" James bellowed and motioned the two Swift's to a set up of chairs.

"I will ask you a serious of questions, you must answer them honestly you can not copy or eachothers answers unless you both have the same answer then we will let that slide.." James said.

"Okay do we erm just sit here then" Taylor questioned.

"Yes ladies take a seat and we shall begin. This is The Are We Really Alike Test!" James introduced.

Taylor and Amerie let out a soft laugh.

"First question! What is your favourite colour? Let's go with AMERIE first!" James called out.

"Err, navy blue" Amerie said quickly.

"Taylor?" James asked.

"Purple" Taylor replied.

"DING DING! That is one difference" James said as an assistant marked down onto the large whiteboard.

                 ⋆。 ゚☁︎。 ⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。 ⋆

They had rushed through the many challenges turns out the Mother-Daughter due had a lot of similarities and differences.

"Now this is what I call The Ultimate Finish, this will determine if they really are the best mother-daughter duo, we have learned a lot tonight, now this will be a show stopping finish!" James called out and the audience wooshed and cheered with excitement.

"Amerie, your Mom is a singer of course I'm sure you have heard her excellent voice, but have you ever sang with her?" James asked.

"A lot, when we are cooking dinner we tend to just dance and sing around" Amerie chuckled.

"Well then! You will have no problem taking part in The Ultimate Finish. You two must sing together, and it has to be one of Taylor's songs" James said handing them microphones.

"James! We're not even prepared for this" Taylor spoke rolling her eyes.

"Just think of this as your kitchen" James laughed.

"Any song of mine?" Taylor asked James.

"No you have to sing the iconic Shake it Off!" James chuckled loudly.

"Okay! Amerie you ready?" Taylor chuckled.

"I guess so" Amerie said nodding.

This was their kitchen now, the mother-daughter duo imagined it was just them, but being recorded.

They sang and danced like nobody was watching, the giggled through the whole thing, spinning eachother around. They scrapped the microphones and just belted the lyrics freely, this was their area, this was their kitchen.

"Shake it off, I shake it off
I, I, I shake it off, I shake it off
I, I, I shake it off, I shake it off" The two Swifts screamed the last lyrics out.

They fell onto the floor giggling and hugging each other.

"Well that was truly amazing! I think it's safe to say these two are THE BEST MOTHER DAUGHTER DUO! Thankyou for joining us tonight, let's give it up for Taylor and Amerie SWIFT!" James shouted out, the crowd applauded and cheered.

The show ended and soon videos were circulating social media. The Taylor and Amerie Swift editing accounts flooded with new posts, calling them the real life Lorelai and Rory Gilmore and doing edits about both of them.

The two walked out of the set hand in hand skipping through the corridors to reach the black SUV that was waiting for them.

"Your chariot awaits Swift's" The driver called out.

                 ⋆。 ゚☁︎。 ⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。 ⋆

The morning after the show was already awakening. The sun seeped through the curtains of Amerie's room, she rubbed her eyes as the light shone brightly.

She was in her cat pjs, her bed hair fell over her face, which she blew away. She grabbed her glasses from her glasses case that was in her drawer, she barely ever wore her glasses, they were a squarish rounded shape with clear frames that had a slight pink tint to them. She slipped on her pink cat slippers to walk to the kitchen.

"Morning little love" Taylor said while she was making breakfast as she heard Amerie walk through the kitchen door.

"Morning Mom what you making?" Amerie asked peering over her Mom.

"Chocolate chip pancakes" Taylor said looking up at Amerie, her eyes immediately looking at Amerie's glasses, she darted to the fact Amerie was wearing her glasses which she never did.

"You're actually wearing your glasses?" Taylor chuckled.

"Yeah contacts have been irritating me" Amerie sighed.

"Oh I'll speak to the optometrist when you go for your next appointment, see if they can do anything. You look cute in glasses" Taylor said with a smile.

"Thank you" Amerie smiled as she went to sit down at the breakfast table.

"Pancakes are ready" Taylor said setting down the plate of chocolate chip pancakey goodness.

"Tastes and smells amazing as always" Amerie said tucking into her breakfast.

    ⋆。 ゚☁︎。 ⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。 ⋆

Authors Note:

I really hope you're enjoying this story so far thankyou for any readers and supporters.