Chapter 47 Some Witchy Business

Start from the beginning

Rebekah thought about it for a few seconds before eventually agreeing earning schoolgirl-like squeals from the brunette beside her. She rolled her eyes at Havana's unnecessary excitement but deep down, she was looking forward to it as well biting the inside of her cheek to stop her from smiling.

"Okay, that's it. I'm killing this Matt whatever tonight." Kol stated nonchalantly finishing his cup of human's blood. However, he flinched mid-sip when he felt the newspaper hit him again on the head. He turned around surprised that Havana was the one holding the newspaper this time. 

"Don't you dare Kol. He is my friend." She defended.

If this was any other person, their head would have been rolling on the floor already. But Kol laughed it off enjoying the company of his newfound friend. A person on the outside would have found it odd how Havana was still alive in a house full of Originals and not despised by them. It may be a wonder how Havana effortlessly charmed each sibling who individually have very tough walls to break. However, to Havana, she was nothing but herself. She did not let their background nor who they were intimidate her from treating them as if they were old friends. She did not cower away like most people or be on the offensive anticipating any kind of attack. Havana accepted them for who they were and did not treat them any differently. Within the last twelve hours, she solidified her friendship with Rebekah and Elijah and became a fast friend to Kol. It was only Finn who stayed a distance from all the socializing which she did not blame him for. 

Elijah and Finn finished having their tuxes tailored. Now they tried on shoes while Kol took their place in front of the mirror. Upon hearing Klaus enter the house through his hearing, he decided to play a game to aggravate his brother.

"Havana, tell me how handsome I am and agree to be my date for the ball later." Kol tried to compel her from the mirror.

"You know that I'm on vervain right?" 

Before any more could be said, the doors suddenly opened with a bang as Klaus walked in going straight for Rebekah. "You went after Elena? What is wrong with you!?"

"Rebekah..." Havana whipped her head at her friend with a disappointed look.

Rebekah simply shrugged at Havana before averting her attention to her brother. 

"Do you want another dagger in your heart?" Klaus stood closer as if he was ready to stab her any moment now.

"Again with the dagger threats? Don't you have any other tricks?" It was Kol who stepped up in Rebekah's defense. 

"Oh go back to staring at yourself."

"And who are you? My father?"

"No, but you are in my house." Klaus looked at him changing his direction.

"Perhaps we should take this outside." The younger Original took that as a signal for him to move closer as well unwilling to back down from a fight. The other siblings and Havana just watched in silence as the two were ready to throw punches any moment now. And they indeed were about to when Esther's presence stopped them.

"That is enough." She told the both of them. The two hesitantly moved away from each other unable to express their anger through violence. Esther's eyes wandered to Havana who seemed to have straightened her posture feeling consious at the sudden attention. "Havana, come." She said before disappearing to another room leaving the siblings alone again.

"M-me?" She muttered to herself before standing up to follow the older woman. Rebekah and Kol gave her taunting looks to tease her about their mother's sudden interest in her while Klaus nodded in her direction assuring her that it was going to be okay. Havana reluctantly left all of them wondering what their mother wanted from her.