Chapter 3

As I start the car, I connected my phone to car's speaker and started playing my playlist.

As I'm waiting for traffic light to turn green, my smart watch vibrates indicating notification came.

When I check it, I still for one minute, trying to make out what it means..

huh ?

The text:

Cupcake be careful
😑😬🧁💖🐒😮‍💨

What the hell it means ? The text was sent by Roo by why would she sent that kind of text to me !!?? Andd what is with these weird emojis ? Monkey ?sighing emoji ? In a text which says be careful ? 🤨

I was trying to make out its meaning, eyebrows pinched in confusion, when soon my question is answered by another texts...

The texts:

Roo:
Sorryy !! It was Rishab. He
was trying to take mobile
from me and whilst that,
that was written. Don't mind it. Ignore.

But tell me now when are you coming ? 🥹🥹

I'm damn hungry and we're just waiting for youuu !

I hate you rn. In my own
house, I've to wait for you
to come. Mom won't even
let me taste one bit. Says,
you will taste first 😒 ihy

Come fast 😤

(Rishab is Roohi's cousin brother who is 5 years old)

.

As I end up reading it all, I sigh in relief and have a small smile on my face. I shake my head at her antics. Dramebaaz !! Also, did I say she's a big foodie. Ya.

I quickly reply her..

Me:
Just wait for 10 mins
drama queen. I'll be there.

Also, you can start eating.. no
need to wait for me

As I finish answering her, I hear people are honking so much !!

Uff !! Mumbai peoples and their fast lives... Can't even wait for traffic lights to turn green !!

But I soon realise traffic lights have turn green and people are honking at me !!

Hmm ? Mumbai people huh !? You need to pay more attention sweetheart.. My subconscious
mocks me

I quickly drive ahead and exhale the breath I didn't knew I hold and soon enough, I reach Roo's home.

They were like my extended family only. Her mother, Anajali Raghuvanshi, wife of Aniket Raghuvanshi, liked me from the very start and said I was her second daughter only. And she makes best food ! She usually sends more in Roo's tiffin for me even. Moreover, she also tells me sometimes not to bring when she has packed a lot or made something special. I adore her completely. She's kind and sweet hearted.

Roo even has a brother, Abhishek Raghuvanshi, who teases her a lot and we both usually gang up against her. He's like a brother figure to me even. He does take care of me and tells me to tie him rakhie if I miss my brothers too much and tells me he's my brother only, my brothers are not back home, at Gujarat but here only.