Chapter 2

I pinched my eyes shut as I wait for his question. I really shouldn't have let Roo leave.

"What do you recommend to buy for my sister's birthday ?" Kabir asks.

"Huhh!!" Is only what I'm able to say.

My eyes and mouth flew open probably too fast. I still couldn't digest what he asks. I'm just staring at him bkankly, not believing my ears.

He raised one eyebrow and says again for my sake.

"What should I buy for my sister's birthday. It's tomorrow and I literally have no idea what I should buy. So, can you help me ?" He asks the end sentence sheepishly.

I compose myself and say, "Sure. Tell me what usually does you sister likes or does ?"

He huffs drastically amd says "She  usually is glued up to her phone clicking selfies and uploading stories. Other than that, she likes to ... " He takes a pause thinking.

Does he knows his sister this less ? My subconscious tells me.

"Does she have any hobbies or classes joined ? Any other interest area." I ask as he still doesn't answer.

"She had joined classes for guitar and swimming. She doesn't really do much." He says while rubbing his neck.

I exhale. He doesn't really have no idea.

"If she really does less .. you can probably get her clothes or another pick or strap for guitar ? Or else, you can probably but her makeup. She would like it I think." I say at last for makeup thinking she usually is in insta.

"Can you help me with it. I literally have no idea in this section." He asks after a moment or two.

It was awkward. I didn't know how to answer. I wanted to say yes but at the same time I wanted to say no. I did wanted to him him but...

Out of blue, we both hear a voice,

"She's not going with you anywhere. She's with me the whole evening till night. We've plans. So..get you ass back to counter and do your job now."

I see Roo standing by wall with hands crossed and face hard, eyes glaring at him.

I exhale breath I didn't know I was holding in relief. She is really a blessing. Roo, my protector. I kiss her internally. Muah !!

Kabir, has made a face as he doesn't like it, turns to her and says, "I didn't ask you did I ? She can have a change of plans. You guys can are always together only. Let her help me today. You can have your plans tomorrow. What do you say Divu ?" He asks last sentence turning to me hopefully.

I make a sad/sorry face with best puppy eyes and say, "I really am sorry but I cannot cancel my plans with her today."

His face fells for a moment but composes himself soon. He lefts with saying, "Sure, it's ok. I'll meet you later. Andd uhh, I will just go to counter. Have your lunch." He winks at last sentence before leaving with a smile.

Roo rolls her eyes super dramatically. She doesn't even hides it. I scold her through my eyes but she ignores it.

He leaves and she turns to me. Eyes accusing me. She whisper yells at me.

"I told you he has a crush in you. Do you believe me now ?" She asks one eyebrow raised, eyes questioning.

I roll my eyes now. "He really just needed help. Boys are oblivious in girls shopping. And her sister is literally insta girl." I say simply. Hands crossed.

Roo shakes her head vigourously, eyes pinched shut. She's praying to God for me. Again.

She is swear should be in theatrics. Not barista girl. She's super dramatic !!