Chapter 58: Happiness

Start from the beginning

"Sunshine, whatever he told you, it's not true. I've never slept in a gay bar, and you know it." He pointed at Killian. "Someone hit me in the head, and when I woke up, suddenly there were guys everywhere."

Oh. My. God.

"What?!" My eyes almost fell out of my head. I definitely need to find out more about this. Zack won't believe this.

"Traitor." He glared at Killian who was laughing.

He stood up and patted him on the shoulder as he walked past him back inside. "You dug that hole yourself."

"What else did he tell you?" Finn sat down next to me.

"Doesn't matter." I waved my hand over it. "Gay bar. Talk."

"Oh, no, that's not going to happen, sunshine, no way."

"But..."

"No buts." He cut me off. "Forget you ever heard such a thing."

"It's not fair." I crossed my arms over my chest. "The twins told you everything about me and I had no say in it."

"Oh, and I'm so glad they told me about the evenings when you all wore one-piece pajamas." He put his arm around my shoulders and pulled me closer. "You were the most adorable dinosaur." He kissed my hair, but I tried to pull away from him.

"No, I'm mad at you, leave me alone." I dug my hands into his chest, but in vain, he was like a rock.

"Come on, sunshine, how can you be mad at this face, huh?" He smiled.

"You're spending too much time with Sebastian."

"I'll let him know." He threw his head back laughing and my god I melted from that sound.

Why was I fake angry again?

*****

I quietly returned to Finn's bed after slipping away a few minutes ago to go to the bathroom. He held me so tightly that it was almost impossible to stand up.

I slowly sat on the edge of the bed, careful not to wake him.

I yelped as I felt his hands on my hips and he pulled me to bed.

"You're not very good at sneaking up." He said in a sleepy voice.

"I thought you were sleeping." I laughed before Finn pulled me closer to his chest and threw the blanket around me.

"I woke up when I didn't feel you sleeping next to me." I buried my head in his chest and he started running his hand over my back.

My heart can't take this.

"Are you sure it wasn't because I hit my little finger on the corner of the bed?" I giggled.

"Maybe that too."

After a moment of comfortable silence, I spoke. "Finn?"

"Yes, sunshine?"

"Can you promise me something?"

"Anything, you know that." I pulled my head away from his chest and looked at him. My eyes got used to the darkness in the room, so I could see right into his face.

"Can you promise me that no matter what happens, no matter how much we argue, we will always find our way back together? That we will work on this relationship and..."

"I promise." He cut me off.

I rolled my eyes. "You didn't even let me finish."

"I don't need to hear what you had to say next. Lexi, I'm not going anywhere." His hand strayed to my cheek. "You're it for me. If you ever decide in the future that I'm not what you want, I'll be right where you leave me, waiting for you to come back."