Chapter 55: Cookie girl

"Lexi Pierce!" Monica shouted from the counter as I walked through the doors of the bistro

"Lexi Pierce!" Monica shouted from the counter as I walked through the doors of the bistro. "How dare you?" She threw the rag she had in her hand on the counter and walked around it.

Standing behind me and holding my hand, Finn pulled me close protectively and stood in front of me. Like Monica would ever hurt me.

"Move or I'll move you myself." She glared at him.

"It's okay." I laughed and patted Finn's arm. I walked past him to Monica, who threw her arms around my neck and hugged me tightly.

"How dare you not tell me you're okay? I was worried about you when you didn't show up to work. I tried to call you but it always went straight to voicemail. I heard about Jeremy, I'm so sorry Lexi." She squeezed me tighter.

"I missed you too." I smiled and we pulled away from each other. "I hope you didn't have a harder time here because I wasn't here." Guilt hit me.

"It was fine." She waved her hand over it. "I feel like when our regular customers noticed you weren't coming to work, they stopped coming too." She winked at me and I heard Finn snort behind me. "Sit down, I'll be with you right away." She turned around and left.

"I'll just quickly go see the boss, I'll be right back." I smiled at Finn and went into the back rooms where our boss had his office.

I explained to him why I didn't go to work, but to my surprise, he already knew about it. Apparently, Finn stopped here and informed him about my situation, so I didn't have any problems. I was relieved to hear that.

When I returned to the main part of the bistro, I found Finn sitting by one of the windows, but he wasn't alone.

"Adrian, hi, what are you doing here?" I sat next to Finn while Adrian sat opposite.

"Hi Lexi, nice to see you." He gave me a quick smile before turning back to Finn. "So? Can you help me?"

"Um," he looked at me and I just shrugged, not knowing what all this was about, "I guess so."

"Anyone want to fill me in on what's going on?" I raised an eyebrow.

"I met a woman."

"Oh." I laughed. "I get it."

"No, you don't." He shook his head. "She took my breath away."

"I'm sure she was beautiful, but what has Fi..."

"No, she literally took my breath away. She bumped into me while she was running somewhere and knocked me to the ground."

"Oh my god are you okay?" Maybe he looks like he drank three liters of coffee because he hit his head on the pavement.

"Yeah, yeah." He waved his hand over it. "But she was also beautiful. And rude. She said it was my fault, that I wasn't paying attention to where I was walking."