Chapter 34: Breakfast

"Are you serious Finn? Look how you look!"

"Is this really what you want to do with your life?"

"For God's sake, Finn, you can barely stand! Why are you even doing this?"

"Look at yourself and then tell me you're okay again."

"I'm giving up on you. I can't take it anymore."

I jumped out of my sleep, drenched in sweat and disoriented. But I quickly remembered where I was when I saw the inside of the tent I was sleeping in.

I ran my hand through my hair and rested my elbows on my knees. I breathed deeply, trying to get rid of the tension in my chest.

After I calmed down a bit, I reached for the zipper on the tent and opened it. I got out of it and breathed in the fresh, morning air.

I was a little further away from the fire pit we spent the entire evening at, as well as all the tents to keep the smoke out. Right now I was more than comfortable with that since Jeremy and Adrian were sitting by the fire. I could easily disappear back into the tent and no one would notice.

But of course that didn't happen.

"Oh good morning Finn." Ellie just came out of the tent and immediately noticed me. Her words drew the attention of both guys at the fire pit, which was exactly what I didn't want.

Even though I feel like things aren't as tense between us after yesterday, that doesn't mean I'm rushing into conversation with them.

"Morning." I cleared my throat.

"You want some coffee?" She held up a glass bottle containing coffee.

"Sure." I hid my hands in the pockets of my sweatpants and followed her to the firepit.

"Unfortunately, we don't have milk." She said as she sat down at a small table that had glasses on it. "Someone forgot it, didn't they Jeremy?"

"I already said I'm sorry, what else can I do?"

"Get some milk." She laughed and poured the coffee.

"I'm going to be hearing about this all weekend huh?" He smiled.

"You bet your ass you will." She stood up and handed a cup to Adrian, then another to me.

"Thank you." I gave her a narrow smile.

"I'll make it up to you." Jeremy spoke up again.

"Really, and how?" She put her hand on her hip and raised an eyebrow.

"Gentlemen, if you'll excuse us." He stood up, grabbed Ellie's hand and began to pull her away.

"Oh my god, Jeremy. Do you even know what you sound like? What will they think?" Her voice was getting weaker and weaker.