Chapter: 12

After dinner ay lumabas ako para manigarilyo. Eric was on the phone with his mother and saw me.

"Opo, uuwi po ako kaagad."

Lumapit siya at ngumiti sa akin. He placed his phone inside his pocket.

"Tell her how you feel, Jance." He said kaya natigil ako. "Aminin mo na kay Lalaina na gusto mo siya kasi honestly... I kinda like her too."

Napaayos ako ng tayo when he said that.

"I'm not pursuing her because I value her mostly as a friend. Aaminin ko na natuwa ako when she asked me to be her date."

"Ipagyabang mo pa." I said rudely.

"What I mean is kahit natuwa ako I realized na hindi mo kayang ipilit ang taong mahalin ka kung hindi naman ikaw ang sinisigaw ng puso niya." Eric continued.

"I hope you know na kahit gusto ko nga si Laina ay ayaw kong masira ang friendship namin." I answered.

"Jance, once that happens will you ever forgive yourself?" He asked. "Kaya mo bang mawala sa'yo si Lalaina as your girlfriend and as your girl best friend?"

Well, no...

"No.."

"Alam ko." Eric smiled again. "Do me a favor, don't break her heart."

I watched as Laina and Eric danced with the students. Wala na si Marie dahil umuwi na siya, I had no intention of taking her to the dance floor din naman kaya I was very happy but also very jealous.

"Jance! Uuwi na kami ni Carly, ingat ka!" Jake said before leaving me alone again.

It was already 10 and nagsisimula na ang mga bata na umuwi but some stayed to witness who was going to be crowned as King and Queen Faculty. I was going to get a beer when Oscar pulled me to sit down next to him.

"Our Queen Faculty who garnered a total of 468 votes from the faculty members and students is!" The principal cut himself off then opened the envelope. "Miss Lalaina Almarez!"

We cheered her on, kilala naman na namin ang King Faculty kaya there was no point in announcing them separately. I stood up to smoke once more but then the announcement happened.

"And our King Faculty who garnered a total of 514 votes is Mr. Jance Salazar!"

Para akong napako sa kinatatayuan ko when the principal called my name. Everyone was yelling at me to go on stage and I saw Laina calling me. I quickly walked over para samahan siya doon sa stage and they crowned me and gave me a sash.

"Such an adorable pair." The principal announced. "Go on, have your first dance as King and Queen."

I helped her off the stage and onto the middle of the room. As the song "Unang Sayaw" by NOBITA started playing, I finally built up my courage to tell Laina how I really felt.

"I need to tell you something."

"May aaminin ako, Laina."

Natigil kaming dalawa when both of us spoke. She ducked her head down kaya medyo malapit siya sa dibdib ko but I made her look at me.

"Anong sasabihin mo?" She asked.

"You first."

"No, I insist ikaw muna." She said.

"Laina, I like you." I started kaya her eyes widened. "Alam kong masyadong straightforward itong sinasabi ko pero totoo ang nararamdaman ko para sa'yo. I don't handle my emotions well lalo na kapag galit but you make me understand how I really feel. Hindi ako pala-labas na tao pero I go out to see the world basta ikaw ang kasama ko and I don't usually take risks lalo na dahil gusto ko alam ko ang mangyayari pero wala iyon sa akin kung isa ka sa magiging unexpected plot twist ng buhay ko."

She was staring at me while we continued to dance.

"And call me crazy but I saw a future with you when I watched you get annoyed dahil maingay ang mga tao sa paligid natin. I saw someone who has a lot of pet peeves but will keep her mouth shut about it dahil ayaw niyang masaktan ang kaibigan niya. I like you, Laina and sana pagbigyan mo ako na ligawan ka."

"Jance-."

"Kahit umayaw ka, Laina susubukan ko pa rin. I want to be with you every single day for the rest of my life and-."

"Pumapayag ako, Jance." She said kaya natigil ako sa pag-imik. "I like you too."

The music stopped and the lights flashed on us. Once that happened, I hugged her tight and whispered.

"Hindi kita bibiguin, I pray to God that he allows me to have you in good and bad."