"Shhh, shhh, it's okay. I am here, Shads. Even if the whole world turns against you, I will be always with you, I promise. I won't leave you, ever. I.. I love you too much to just simply leave you," he spoke quietly to the other's ear before planting a soft, caring kiss on top of his head. Shadow carefully listened and getting touched he lifted his head to look up at his companion with his face soaking wet from all the tears he shed. It was harder for him to keep Sonic in a friendzone, when he was so amazingly caring and loving towards him. Not to mention the words, that reached his eardrums and touched his heart, making him feel accepted and loved again.
"Do you mean it?" he sniffled and Sonic gently placed his hands on Shadow's cheeks to wipe the tears away with his thumbs while nodding.
"I am dead serious right now, Shads," he replied firmly in the same quiet tone while looking deeply into the other's beautiful crimson eyes. To him, these two bloody pools meant everything. He could no longer live without this hedgehog in his life. Shadow subconsciously glanced down at Sonic's lips and before the hero could properly realize it, the other's tan lips pressed deeply against his peach, soft pillows in a kiss of gratitude coming from the hybrid.
'Screw it...Sonic is mine' the ebony male thought in the process, unable to hold himself back, when there was something still attracting him so much towards the blue hero.

The both hedgehogs closed their eyes and started purring while sharing the sweet, loving and understanding kiss, they both poured all the love into it and when they eventually broke it, they both glanced deep to each other's eyes.
"Thank you, Sonic," Shadow said quietly before just laying his head on the other's chest and closing his eyes he listened to Sonic's fast heartbeat while quietly purring in his arms. Sonic smiled upon the sight, resting his chin on top of Shadow's head he softly stroked the other's quills and back to further comfort him and prove his previous statements. Heck, he was going to fight for this special, unique love, he was even willing to sacrifice himself for him, if it was ever necessary. Like he said some time ago, he has chosen Shadow and over million people he will always choose Shadow. Nobody else.
"Shads?"
"...hmm?"
"What were you doing in Eggman's base?" Sonic suddenly asked such question, when he recalled the memory of Shadow appearing behind him, whilst he was trying to get inside the base.
"I went to deal with Robotnik. Because... I witnessed him leaving the cave, when I discovered it. And.. I felt betrayed. He was hiding this from me for the whole time and tried to justify it by saying, that he meant it as a surprise for me," Shadow openly confessed, for he trusts the blue hedgehog.
"That's pretty awful, especially when it comes to your family member," Sonic replied calmly, understanding Shadow's feelings as he kept sotftly rubbing him for comfort.
"For the whole time I believed, that Maria is gone. He knew, where I live, so...he had the option to come to me one day and tell me about it. I would still cope with it better than like this... finding her on my own and having to nearly beat the truth out of him," Shadow continued, letting out all the frustration living inside of him.

"Shads, I have a serious question and you do not need to answer it, if you don't want to," Sonic moved his head back a bit, so he could look down at the other, whilst the hybrid glanced up at him with furrowed eyebrows, his purring abruptly stopped now. He gave the hero a nod, allowing him to ask the question.
"Would you prefer... if Maria was.. you know-"
"Yes," was the hybrid's immediate answer before Sonic could even finish the question.
"Yes, I would prefer, if she is truly gone. I even made a memorial in honor of her and sometimes I bring flowers to it. Only if I knew...," Shadow confessed with new tears forming in his eyes, which got instantly wiped away by Sonic's thumbs, since the hero again cupped his cheeks.
"If you want, I will gladly visit the memorial with you," Sonic suggested in calm tone, wanting to help the hybrid feel better. However, Shadow shook his head in rejection of such offer.
"No, Sonic. I can't pretend, that she is gone, when in fact she rests frozen in a capsule with a little hope of being cured and brought back to life," he opposed and nudged Sonic to get up. Sonic listened to the subtle request and stood up, then stretched his body and sighed afterwards.
"Eh, suppose you're right," he actually agreed with his companion, for it made perfect sense. Why mourning over someone, who still has a possibility of coming back, right?
"Though, how do you want to cure and resurrect her?" Sonic asked curiously with raised eyebrow.
"The doctor did some scan on the chaos emerald and found out, that there might be more of them somewhere out there," Shadow explained and also stood up to stretch his stiff muscles.
"Whoa.. that's cool. So, are we now going to start a chaos emerald hunt?" Sonic asked in a joyful tone, sounding eager to go out for some adventure.
"Probably? But, I'm not sure where to begin," Shadow shrugged.
"Hmmm, well, could that emerald of yours be our little scanner? If there are more of them, maybe they might respond to each other," Sonic objected, whilst Shadow pulled the chaos emerald out and glanced at his reflection in it, this time along with Sonic's.
"It's worth of try, come on!" Sonic cheered up and speeded out of the cave with Shadow behind his heels.
"Wait, now?! It's nighttime, I don't think-"
"Awww, is the Mr. Ultimate scaaared of a little dark?~" Sonic abruptly skidded to a halt before smirking at the hybrid, teasing him now.
"Urgh, I am NOT scared, hedgehog! But it would be wiser to go out there during daytime," Shadow retorted as he hid the emerald in his quills before crossing his arms, refusing to go anywhere in the dark.